FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DND

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DWT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: DND Reply with quote

The docs says the DRAG_DROP is not completed. What is this? dwt.dnd.*? I saw there is allot of source. I will ask directly - can I DND tree items and DND from explorer?
qbert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: DND Reply with quote

bobef wrote:
The docs says the DRAG_DROP is not completed. What is this? dwt.dnd.*? I saw there is allot of source. I will ask directly - can I DND tree items and DND from explorer?

I doubt it , especially since this isnt even allowed in SWT ( a very weird limitation if you ask me ,try to drag anything on to eclipse from the windows explorer ).
bobef

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sucks big time. I was testing DWT yesterday and the other thing that amazed me is that you have to recreate a widget to change its styles. Sick java guys.... Anyway.

Then what about the tree items within a DWT tree? Can I drag them?
Shawn Liu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Java/SWT supports drag-drop inside. I mean that DND is available between widgets inside SWT, but not for Winodows Explorer or Shell.

I will try to make DND available for DWT. This may need some time.
bobef

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
I will try to make DND available for DWT. This may need some time.

I believe a shell listner for WM_DROPFILES would be better than nothing and maybe it wont be so hard to implement. And maybe something about DDE Smile
JJR

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding DND between OS and DWT will make it difficult, I think, for cross-platform support. It may be possible to make that work, but it will be challenging to make it work the same way on DWT-GTK/Linux (maybe?). Perhaps a consistant non-platform dependent interface is still possible, though?

-JJR
bobef

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as much as I used linux/gtk there is full DND support. I don't know about DDE but I am sure there is way to do it. But if there is not I believe it is better to have this only uner windows than not having it all.
JJR

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right. It looks like SWT-GTK fully supports drag and drop to the desktop on Linux. I tested this out in Eclipse. That's good to know. I agree windows should have this ability also.

-JJR
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DWT All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: