FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SWT controls example

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DWT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobef

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:29 am    Post subject: SWT controls example Reply with quote

Here is what I've noticed:

Group: SHADOW/SHADOW_ETCHED/etc looks the same; when disbled looks like enabled unlike Win32
Shell: When having ON_TOP style it always looks like toolwindow (no maximize/minimize/icon)
Toolbar: no wraping
CCombo: when the drop down button is pressed the focus is taken away from the shell; the drop down is activated on mouse up not on mouse down like usual
CTabFolder: tabs are activated on mouse up or on mouse drag not on mose down like usual
Shawn Liu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The result I compared with Eclipse/Java "controls example".

Group: SHADOW/SHADOW_ETCHED/etc looks the same; When you have text title with the group, it showes a disabled states.
Shell: a combination of ON_TOP|TITLE|BORDER|MIN|MAX style will get a on top normal looking shell. Try the controlexample.
Toolbar: no wraping; the java example has no wraping either. I don't know whether the CoolBar can help you.
CCombo: is a combination of 4 widgets. Text, List, Shell, Button. No 2 shell gets focus at the same time. "Combo" is such a widget which is a wrapper of the win32 common control "COMBO".
CTabFolder:both Left/Right mouse button down cause a active tabitem switch. Only there is a delay with the left button. Don't know why, maybe on purpose.
bobef

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Shell: a combination of ON_TOP|TITLE|BORDER|MIN|MAX style will get a on top normal looking shell. Try the controlexample.

Nope it is still a toowindow

Quote:
Toolbar: no wraping; the java example has no wraping either. I don't know whether the CoolBar can help you.

Strange. I thought there should be wraping because of the SWT.WRAP flag and ToolBar.getRowCount()
Shawn Liu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobef wrote:
Nope it is still a toowindow

This is done on purpose. See shell.d the method

Code:
int widgetExtStyle() {
// ...
if ((style & DWT.ON_TOP) != 0) {
bits |= OS.WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW;
}
//...
}

don't known why.
Shawn Liu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked the Java source code SWT3.02 against SWT3.10. SWT 3.10 has updated this method. I think the parentless window can have ON_TOP style without TOOLWINDOW styled forced in 3.10.

I will update this part of code in DWT as well. later.
Shawn Liu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A snippet of toolbar wrapping is here:

http://www.eclipse.org/swt/snippets/

create tool bar (wrap on resize)

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.swt.snippets/src/org/eclipse/swt/snippets/Snippet49.java?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DWT All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: