FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ares for Titan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trevorparscal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Ares for Titan Reply with quote

I have been working hard on Titan, and keep running into a lack of D runtime support in our kernel. I tried to compile ares, but it gave me allot of problems.. Here's my question...

1. What does ares need to be able to provide runtime support, perhaps gc. I know I will need to handle memory and such, but I am hoping to get D runtime support working as soon as possible.

2. How complete is the runtime portion of ares? Will all of the documented D features be availible. I am getting sick of getting "undefined refrence to '_d_arraycatn' " and such - what functionality is missing if any.

Thanks,
Trevor Parscal
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sean

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmdrt contains the runtime support code. This library calls extern (C) functions from dmdgc/gc.d for garbage collection, and functions from ares/std/exception.d for error handling. Also, dmdgc calls functions in ares/std/thread for garbage collection purposes, but you could be able to throw out std.atomic and std.thread and just link in empty versions of the extern (C) functions in std.thread.

I haven't yet tried to build Ares with GDC so there will likely be problems. I'm hoping to start working on these this week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Ares All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: