FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ares "Build" Problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJR

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Ares "Build" Problems Reply with quote

Sean, I'm trying to get build to construct the Ares library still... it's tougher than I thought. I actually begin to see the benefit of using makefiles in this particular case.

One of the issues though might be useful to you. Because I'm using imports to direct build to compile specific files, I came across an dmd complaint about a module already being included or something. I can't remember the exact message but it was rather useless information. I searched around for a solution, though, and found that the file utf.d only has a heading "module utf;" in it. Two files, adi.d and aApply.d, import that module with "import uitil.utf;"

This causes weird errors unless you change the utf file to say "module util.utf;"

I'm not sure if this would cause any big problems later on, but it certainly prevented my build module from completing the compile. I'm not sure why your makefile version didn't have trouble.

Further, I'm curious to know why four files - critical.c, complex.c, monitor.c, and deh.c - are C files. Can't they be coded in D? It seems strange because ares/phobos have a lot of low level stuff already in them that are coded in D. These files made using the build tool a little tricky.

Thanks,

John
sean

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: Ares "Build" Problems Reply with quote

JJR wrote:
Sean, I'm trying to get build to construct the Ares library still... it's tougher than I thought. I actually begin to see the benefit of using makefiles in this particular case.

One of the issues though might be useful to you. Because I'm using imports to direct build to compile specific files, I came across an dmd complaint about a module already being included or something. I can't remember the exact message but it was rather useless information. I searched around for a solution, though, and found that the file utf.d only has a heading "module utf;" in it. Two files, adi.d and aApply.d, import that module with "import uitil.utf;"

This causes weird errors unless you change the utf file to say "module util.utf;"

Thanks! Done Smile
Quote:
Further, I'm curious to know why four files - critical.c, complex.c, monitor.c, and deh.c - are C files. Can't they be coded in D? It seems strange because ares/phobos have a lot of low level stuff already in them that are coded in D. These files made using the build tool a little tricky.

I've wondered the same thing. They're probably just legacy code--I see no reason why they need to be in C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Ares All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: