FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trac is taking over the site - March 2006

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Trac is taking over the site - March 2006 Reply with quote

Um, okay, so my communication may have been lacking in this instance. As Don Clugston pointed out in the NG, some projects don't necessarily have Trac environments created, but need them because they're still active. Trac is the primary project page after this recent change. I didn't automatically give projects trac environments because I want to weed out and slowly put to pasture some of the less active projects.

For the non-Trac projects, there's a nice clean page that comes up listing the project admins, and encouraging visitors to cajole them into relinquishing control or activating again. Hopefully that's sufficient.

As for projects that didn't get a Trac env during the trac.dsource.org beta, but are still active, just PM or email me and I'll get you set up. It's a 5 second script, and no problem at all.

You should note, however, that Downloads and News items can and should now be handled by a wiki page of your design. For downloads, try the wiki macro : [download:/downloads/file.zip file.zip]. See Mango for an example: http://www.dsource.org/projects/mango/wiki/Downloads.

Another thing that is coming: project activity stats - this will help the project page be sorted by a number of different things, but I think the default sort will be by activity index, high to low.

Let's hope these changes to the site are for the better.

Cheers,
Brad

Last edited by brad on Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
pragma

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is outstanding Brad. Thanks for putting so much effort into all of this. Smile
nascent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pragma wrote:
This is outstanding Brad. Thanks for putting so much effort into all of this. Smile

I agree with our friend pragma. And I would like to point out a few minner things. The homepage is titled Track: home, but dsource would be more appropriate. Also the the Tutorials tab will use the project tab instead. (this is likely the trac framework and I will be willing to take my complaint elsewhere if so) Very Happy

Keep up the awesome work.
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nascent,

I noticed both of those things, and I'll see if I can fix them soon.

Thanks,
BA
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For information on Trac usage, see

http://www.dsource.org/site/trac

PM or email me if you think of other material that can/should go on this page...

BA
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: