FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I suggest we provide cross-links between our projects.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don Clugston

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: I suggest we provide cross-links between our projects. Reply with quote

Mathextra is for mathematical, engineering and science applications, with an emphasis on accuracy; Helix seems to be primarily for graphics/movement applications, with an emphasis on speed. Would you agree with this?

If so, we could put links to each others projects on the front page of each wiki, to direct users to the right place. And to make it clear that they are complementary, not competing libraries.

Fortunately, we've managed to avoid duplicating each other's work so far.
I like your code, BTW. And your name's much better than mine <g>.
nail

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mathextra is for mathematical, engineering and science applications, with an emphasis on accuracy; Helix seems to be primarily for graphics/movement applications, with an emphasis on speed. Would you agree with this?

Yep, that's true. Actualy I plan to include all stuff that is useful while developing 3D apps, and I'm guided by real experience of developing commercial AAA game, so only vital routines will be added.

Quote:
If so, we could put links to each others projects on the front page of each wiki, to direct users to the right place. And to make it clear that they are complementary, not competing libraries.

With great pleasure. However my productiveness is far lower than your's one. Last time I have very few time for D hobby programming. So helix can be some dis-advertisment for math-extra Smile. Anyway I'll put link to mathextra to my wiki.

Quote:
Fortunately, we've managed to avoid duplicating each other's work so far

For now, when helix has 3 modules, yes Smile.

Quote:
I like your code, BTW. And your name's much better than mine <g>.

Thanx, but your name is self-determinate. Could anyone tell me what this "<g>" is. I saw it many times in NG posts, but couldn't find what does it mean Smile.
Don Clugston

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool!

Quote:

Thanx, but your name is self-determinate. Could anyone tell me what this "<g>" is. I saw it many times in NG posts, but couldn't find what does it mean

It's short for "grin". Same as smile Smile.
kylefurlong

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this confused me for a while too, who originated the <g> syntax? I've never seen it anywhere else besides the D community.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Helix All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: