FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DCC (D Compiler Collection) ;-)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wienczny

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: DCC (D Compiler Collection) ;-) Reply with quote

Hallo,

I've started a D compiler project, I liked to see hosted on dsource.
Its written in D, designed to be modular. The first version will be a D -> MSIL compiler. Upcoming versions could include frontends for other languages and different system backends. Maybe we can compete with GCC one day Cool

Stephan
Derek Parnell

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: DCC is pronounced 'Deek'? Reply with quote

Quote:
I've started a D compiler project, I liked to see hosted on dsource.
Its written in D, designed to be modular. The first version will be a D -> MSIL compiler. Upcoming versions could include frontends for other languages and different system backends.

Sounds like a fun way to spend one's free time Wink

What sort of help will you need? I might just have the skills you are looking for ... maybe. Anyhow, I think I might like to help, but its only fair to warn you that I'm really new to D.

BTW, I've done compiler and interpreter work before.
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The project is ready to go on forums and a project page. SVN is ready to go as well. I will PM your username / password.
Wienczny

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: DCC is pronounced 'Deek'? Reply with quote

Derek Parnell wrote:

Sounds like a fun way to spend one's free time Wink

What sort of help will you need? I might just have the skills you are looking for ... maybe. Anyhow, I think I might like to help, but its only fair to warn you that I'm really new to D.

BTW, I've done compiler and interpreter work before.

Smile I will need every help I can get. Learning D is easy if you are already a programmer.
If you have experience in compiler writing we should talk about the design of dcc. I'll start a new thread for that
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DCC All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: