FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GtkTreeModel and other GTypeInterface types

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pvanhoof

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: GtkTreeModel and other GTypeInterface types Reply with quote

Types like the GtkTreeModel can be implemented by the developer. They are, what they in GObject terms call, a GTypeInterface.

Would it be possible to let the d version of the GtkTreeModel to be a real d interface aswell? This might require having to rewrite small parts of the d version of the gtktreeview and gtkliststore and treestore types.
Ant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: GtkTreeModel and other GTypeInterface types Reply with quote

pvanhoof wrote:
Types like the GtkTreeModel can be implemented by the developer. They are, what they in GObject terms call, a GTypeInterface.

Would it be possible to let the d version of the GtkTreeModel to be a real d interface aswell? This might require having to rewrite small parts of the d version of the gtktreeview and gtkliststore and treestore types.

You're right.
The automatic wrapper can create an interface and a template to mixin the methods for TreeModel. It needs some fine tuning, that's why the on the current version it's a concrete class extended by ListStore and TreeStore.
I don't remember what was the problem, but I can generate the interface/mixin version at any momente and fix the problem.
It's a question of priorities. I want to get leds converted to Duit - it's almost there.

Ant
Ant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: GtkTreeModel and other GTypeInterface types Reply with quote

Ant wrote:
pvanhoof wrote:

You're right.
The automatic wrapper can create an interface and a template to mixin the methods for TreeModel.

BTW a D implementation would be very usefull.
I don't know how to get about it (I never looked at the problem)
The main problems are the need to convert D data (char[], structs, object) to Gtk C and the need to do it for the entire set.
If these problems are solved will be the final big step for Duit.

Ant
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> gtkD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: