FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Derelictish cairo bindings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DRK

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Derelictish cairo bindings Reply with quote

Hi all.

Over the last few days, I've been working on a Derelict binding for the cairo api. However, since Michael is overworked enough as it is, I've set it up independant of Derelict.

If anyone is interested, you can head over to http://www.dsource.org/projects/bindings/browser/trunk/cairo and take a look. It supports the base cairo functions, PNG functions and win32 functions (which aren't tested yet, unfortunetly). It also comes with a full set of examples from the cairo website translated to D. Comments and criticisms welcome Smile
JoeCoder

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd never heard of Cairo before, but it sounds interesting. What do you plan to use it for?
DRK

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'd never heard of Cairo before, but it sounds interesting. What do you plan to use it for?

http://cairographics.org/

Cairo is quickly becoming a defacto standard for 2D drawing in the open source world. Mozilla is porting all of Gecko (their rendering engine) over to cairo, GTK+ now draws with cairo, many, many drawing applications use cairo, etc.

Its strength lies in that it's very similar to how OpenGL renders (it's an immediate-mode state machine), and that it outputs to (as of 1.2) Postscript, PDF, SVG, PNG, Win32 GDI surfaces, Xlib surfaces, Glitz surfaces, with a Mozilla-maintained backend for Quartz on Mac OSX. Which means that coupled with something like Ghostscript, it can handle both screen, image output AND printing with one codebase.

As for me, I have my reasons for wanting this Wink. Apart from that, it makes good practice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: