FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

enki problems w/gdc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carlos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: enki problems w/gdc Reply with quote

Using Enki with GDC on Mac OS X gives some problems.
First, a couple of functions (in a utils file, I think) don't have a return statement, so that file doesn't compile. Also, another module has code for version (Windows) and version (linux), so maybe you should change version (linux) to version (Unix) and add: version (DigitalMars) version (linux) version = Unix; (or Posix, if you prefer.) Many compile errors appear in EnkiParser.d (IIRC) due to shadowing a previous declared variable (I think BCS already reported this.) But after all that is fixed (actually, I compiled with -d to avoid too many changes), when I try to use Enki in a small program, I get linker errors, all related to enki.types.SmartAssign, like:
Code:

/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
__D4enki5types22__T11smartAssignTxTAaZ11smartAssignFKxAaZv
__D4enki5types23__T11smartAssignTAaTAaZ11smartAssignFKAaAaZv
__D4enki5types26__T14smartAssignCatTAaTAaZ14smartAssignCatFKAaAaZv
__D4enki5types53__T11smartAssignTC4enki4Rule5ParamTC4enki4Rule5ParamZ11smartAssignFKC4enki4Rule5ParamC4enki4Rule5ParamZv

And many more.
Do you have any ideas of what's going on?
Also, some docs would be greatly appreciated.
pragma

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: enki problems w/gdc Reply with quote

Carlos wrote:
Do you have any ideas of what's going on?

Well, you pretty much say it in your post. The linker is complaining that there are missing template definitions. Are you using the latest version of build to compile your parser? Maybe you might want to try a 'manual' compile and build to see if that helps things along?

... I can't imagine GDC is just leaving those symbols out. Smile

Quote:
Also, some docs would be greatly appreciated.

Its on my TODO list, honest! Wink

What kind of documentation are you looking for in particular - BNF, internals, or something else?
Carlos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: enki problems w/gdc Reply with quote

pragma wrote:
Are you using the latest version of build to compile your parser? Maybe you might want to try a 'manual' compile and build to see if that helps things along?

I'm not using Build: it behaves somewhat funny on Mac.
BTW, I hadn't tried to compile "enki", but I get the same errors when trying to do so.

pragma wrote:
... I can't imagine GDC is just leaving those symbols out. Smile

But the question is why?

pragma wrote:
What kind of documentation are you looking for in particular - BNF, internals, or something else?

I actually went to the project page and found what was there helpful (to a extent, considering I can't really use the tool Smile). It would help if was available offline.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DDL - D Dynamic Libraries All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: