FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FreeUniverse stuck at title screen!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJR

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: FreeUniverse stuck at title screen! Reply with quote

I've been meaning to post this.

My system:

Dual-core Athlon64
GeForce 7900GT
2 GB RAM

Windows XP ME (32-bit)

SDL version:

SDL-1.2.11
SDL_image-1.2.7
SDL_mixer-1.2.7

All versions in the svn have the same problem...

They load up to the a screen (now in a window) that displays a "outer space" background but no menu in the center... I assume there is supposed to be a menu but nothing shows up. After waiting, I end up just pressing "esc" which immediately quits the program.

No lock up... no error messages in the console window behind... just no menu or text. During startup, however, there is a message that says "Starting FreeUniverse" in the center of the screen. And the "outer space" screen that displays following that has "FreeUniverse" printed across the top (so it seems font display works fine).

-JJR
Phr00t

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so sorry about this... I deserved to be smacked for this. Very Happy

There is no main menu currently, what you explained is exactly what is suppose to happen with the current release.

Just hit 'p' to (p)lay the game at the main "FreeUniverse" screen!

On my next release, I'll add a message to say "PRESS P TO PLAY" or something. There are some other keys that will be useful to play, and those can be found on the project page for freeuniverse; linky:

http://www.dsource.org/projects/freeuniverse

[ edit ] There will be a complete & real menu in future releases Smile
JJR

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

That's funny!

No problem... I had not idea it was that simple a fix. Wink

-JJR
JJR

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok... that works ... but I don't hear any sound. I guess that's not yet implemented?

And I notice that the font rendering is rather rough and hard to read. Is this just the chosen fonts, their size, or the renderer?

Oh... I didn't realize the project page had all the instructions and key asssignments. Razz

-JJR
Phr00t

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but I don't hear any sound. I guess that's not yet implemented?

Not implemented... sound is low on the priority list Smile

Quote:
And I notice that the font rendering is rather rough and hard to read. Is this just the chosen fonts, their size, or the renderer?

Probably the font size... is all of the text hard to read, or just in a specific area? I might change the font to try and fix this...

Quote:
I didn't realize the project page had all the instructions and key asssignments.

You and probably a ton of other people :-\

Please keep the feedback coming Very Happy I have a small crashing bug currently thats slowing me down from making another release Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> FreeUniverse All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: