FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

v0.3d and upcoming v0.4a

View previous topic :: View next topic  
svanleent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: v0.3d and upcoming v0.4a Reply with quote

Today I posted version v0.3d, version v0.3d includes case insensitive switches, which I promised ages ago:

Code:
/si
Is a case insensitive string token
Code:
/ri
Is a case insensitive regular expression token

I am now implementing the following switches which I promised aeons ago:

Code:
/sx
Is a case sensitive, exclusive, string token, this can be used when a regular expression also matches, but you want to force that a specific string matches and not any regular expression
Code:
/sxi
Same as above, but case insensitive

It should work, but I need to test it, do really see if it works

Last edited by svanleent on Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pragma

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm finding this really interesting, and got a first glimpse of what DGrammar is all about since you posted the .pdf documentation. Between this and LM, D is really shaping up to have a nice collection of parsing tools.

I happen to like your syntax simply because its practically BNF, which is typically where I start whenever I build a parser. However, I'm primarily a windows developer and want to test this out, but I can't build this without downloading a whole mess of GNU tools. This leads me to my question:

Do you plan for DGrammar to be self-hosting any time soon? I see that its already being built with lexx and yacc, so why not take the next step?

I think you have enough working right now to write a pure-D engine that uses DGrammar itself to drive the parser/lexer portions of the software. All you'd have to do is put the dgrammar output on SVN along with the stub code that drives it.

That way, itd be easy for everyone to give it a go, not to mention give you a wonderful proof-of-concept for your tool.
svanleent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm finding this really interesting, and got a first glimpse of what DGrammar is all about since you posted the .pdf documentation. Between this and LM, D is really shaping up to have a nice collection of parsing tools.

Thank you, gives me motivation to continue

Quote:
I happen to like your syntax simply because its practically BNF, which is typically where I start whenever I build a parser. However, I'm primarily a windows developer and want to test this out, but I can't build this without downloading a whole mess of GNU tools. This leads me to my question:

Do you plan for DGrammar to be self-hosting any time soon? I see that its already being built with lexx and yacc, so why not take the next step?

I think you have enough working right now to write a pure-D engine that uses DGrammar itself to drive the parser/lexer portions of the software. All you'd have to do is put the dgrammar output on SVN along with the stub code that drives it.

I am going to transfer the C++ code to D and the LEX/YACC code to DGrammar, this fixes also a problem with UTF-8 encoding Smile, meanwhile, it is possible to compile using VC++ or BCD, I tried it myself, and found out happily that it worked, problem is, I don't have a VC++ or BCD compiler right now.

Quote:
That way, itd be easy for everyone to give it a go, not to mention give you a wonderful proof-of-concept for your tool.

I will keep this in mind, you are right about this.

Regards,
Sjoerd
svanleent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a Microsoft C and C++ compiler of MS VS.NET 2003, and it works. But you do need GNU Bison and GNU FLEX to get it all going. Instead of:

make
make install

Run

make -fMakefile.win32

from the source tree, within the trunk folder.

http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dgrammar/trunk/Makefile.win32

Regards,
Sjoerd[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DGrammar All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: