FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Initial upload

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don Clugston

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Initial upload Reply with quote

All statistical functions from Cephes are included, but not all
have unit tests, and documentation (in DDoc format) is incomplete.

To use:
import mathstat;

Documentation is in mathstat.html.
Stefan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: statistical functions Reply with quote

Neat! That's very useful for me.

Thanks,
Stefan
jcc7

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! I've always liked math. Smile

It's great that you're already documenting what everything does. With Firefox, though, the HTML file is treated as plain text. Fortunately, there's a way to fix this. The solution is described here: http://www.dsource.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=733
Don Clugston

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

I've changed the properties, works correctly with firefox now.
jcc7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. It's much better now, but there's something new is happening for me. I don't think it's your fault at all, but I thought I should mention it.

For some reason, it's not working as I expected it to. It's not your fault, though, because the Build docs are showing up differently, too. What used to happen is the page would be treated as any other web page would be -- just a regular web page.

Now, the HTML shows up as a "FirefoxHTML" document, and the browser asks me if I want to view it or just save it. Well, of course, I just want to view it. It does let me view it, but it's weird. Apparently, it downloads it to a temporary location and then I get to look at the local copy. It seems like a strange way to get there, but it does show me what I want to see. Wink

I don't know if something has changed in Firefox (I'm using version 1.0.7), dsource's SVN or Apache server, or some setting that Brad changed, but it's odd. Maybe I'll do a little research to try to figure out what causes it, but it's probably either a Firefox quirk or some setting or server that Brad would have to configure. In any case, Firefox treats it much better than it used to, so thank you.
pragma

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcc7 wrote:

Now, the HTML shows up as a "FirefoxHTML" document, and the browser asks me if I want to view it or just save it. Well, of course, I just want to view it. It does let me view it, but it's weird. Apparently, it downloads it to a temporary location and then I get to look at the local copy. It seems like a strange way to get there, but it does show me what I want to see. Wink

For whatever reason, I get the same problem. However, I haven't had the same problem with HTML that I've uploaded personally:

http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dsp/trunk/doc/index.html

.. so I think its safe to rule out the browser as the problem.

AFAIK, all I did was use "svn:mime-type text/html" (or something to that effect, I forget what the exact text was) in my client as an attribute for each of those files. For what it's worth, I also used a GUI client instead of the line-command tools.
jcc7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pragma wrote:
For whatever reason, I get the same problem. However, I haven't had the same problem with HTML that I've uploaded personally:

http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dsp/trunk/doc/index.html

.. so I think its safe to rule out the browser as the problem.

AFAIK, all I did was use "svn:mime-type text/html" (or something to that effect, I forget what the exact text was) in my client as an attribute for each of those files. For what it's worth, I also used a GUI client instead of the line-command tools.
Thanks for your input. Apparently, DSP has the right mime-type, but mime-type for MathExtra and Build are a little off.

DSP: "text/html"
MathExtra: "text/htm"
Build: "html/text"

(I got this info from the TortoiseSVN GUI tool in Windows.)
Don Clugston

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: It seems to work now Reply with quote

BTW, I'm using Firefox myself, so I much appreciate the change!
Any idea how to make it the default? (I'm using TortoiseSVN). I tried to set up the auto-props feature in the svn properties file, but it didn't work. (Maybe it is only used for new files?)
pragma

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't speak to Tortise, as I"m using RapidSVN myself: I had to manually touch every file, as there's no deault setting (I think).

To avoid future confusion with mimetypes, I wen't looking for additional materials on the matter. A good reference for mimetypes, and their respective file extensions, is here: http://www.w3schools.com/media/media_mimeref.asp

There's a bit on "auto-props" at this link (scroll down to "line endings"). While it looks like it has more to do with the line-command tools, it does look useful.

http://www.gwydiondylan.org/repository.phtml

But it looks like this only applies on file adds.
jcc7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: It seems to work now Reply with quote

Don Clugston wrote:
BTW, I'm using Firefox myself, so I much appreciate the change!
Glad to hear, you're still interested. Wink

Don Clugston wrote:
Any idea how to make it the default? (I'm using TortoiseSVN). I tried to set up the auto-props feature in the svn properties file, but it didn't work. (Maybe it is only used for new files?)
I don't know. It seems like there should be a way to do this, but I don't know what it is. All I know how to do is set them with the command line that I mentioned in the Build topic and I figured out last night how to view (and change) it with TortoiseSVN. (I've been using TortoiseSVN for quite a while now, and I don't think mime-types could be set so easily in early version -- if at all. Yay for software that's already good, but still being improved!)

I'm very glad to see it's working perfectly now. Smile
Don Clugston

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it looks like the autoprops only works for file adds. Makes sense I guess, it's a bit much to ask it the client to check if any autoprops have changed.
It you go to TortoiseSVN Settings, General, Subversion config file Edit, you can set the required autoprops. But does TSVN use them? It certainly ignores the 'use-last-commit-times' setting, it does that itself. I'll try it later.
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been my goal to have a svn post-commit-hook for each project so that a change to the repos under, say, /trunk/doc, would fire off a script. The script would output this 'docs' or 'site' folder to somewhere on the server's file system and serve a site like http://mathextra.dsource.org - all without having to set mime-type on your repos files like Mango and others have been doing for a while.

The rewrite rule(s) for Apache are done to allow this, however I need a bit more time on the post-commit-hook script, as I've never done one before. Svanleent is very interested to see http://dgrammar.dsource.org and this is the very next thing on my list after a production build from work (last nite, and fallout today)

BA
Don Clugston

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: I've got autoprops to work with TortoiseSVN! Reply with quote

Go to TortoiseSVN:settings:Subversion Config File: Edit.

Remove the comments (# marks) for the following lines:
--------------------------------
[miscellany]
enable-auto-props = yes
[auto-props]
*.html = svn:mime-type=text/html
IMPORTANT!
The following line must remain commented out.
#*.html = svn:mime-type=text/htm

Only applies to adds, not to updates.

I think this is worth a mention in the "Subversion Usage Notes" section at
http://www.dsource.org/site/svnclient.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> MathExtra All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: