FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Poseidon and DBug

View previous topic :: View next topic  
qbert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Poseidon and DBug Reply with quote

Hey JT,

Was thinking it would be sweet to have DBug operational from within posideon, what do you think!

Also can I use your D parser for poseidon ?

Thanks!
Charlie
AgentOrange

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please do. be warned that the DParser still has some holes that need to be filled in that I keep putting off. do whatever you want with any of this - i generally dont worry about licenses as I should. Everything is GPL. I love the Poseidon project and I will be following it closely. It would be cool to share some technology. I am, however, not interested at this time in developing for DWT. Right now Im going to stick with a win32 platform specific library for various reasons. but please take whatever you need and ask whatever questions you have. I havent really considered anything a 'version' or release yet - the dbugger is pretty full featured but its in somewhat of a 'prototype' state as I have plans to clean up some stuff yet - and various debugging code is scattered in strange places. and there is also functionality that i simply have not wired into the ide yet. it is pretty modular and should be able to work in various configurations - windowed, console, threaded, etc. my idea is to have the core debugger be independent of the ide - i currently have a 'debugger client window' in my ide that recieves windows messages from the debugger. However you might be able to find a richer solution via something like DWT. anyway, just let me know if you need anything...

Also if you see anything that is whacked please let me know - Im still finding new idioms and tricks in D that take me in different directions. Its actually kind of fun Very Happy

also you might be interested in the disassembler library - it uses a 3rd party GPL lib in C but Ive had great success with it disassembling machine code

Last edited by AgentOrange on Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
qbert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow awesome work on dparser , did you do all this by hand ?

Works perfectly for what I need it Smile , I will upload it as a standalone library to the poseidon root folder in case you interested.

Thanks!

Charlie
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DBug All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: