FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GL_BGR and GL_BGRA not defined

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: GL_BGR and GL_BGRA not defined Reply with quote

From what I can tell, GL_BGR and GL_BGRA are not defined in derelict. Here are the definitions I grep'd from gl.h.

gl.h:#define GL_BGR 0x80E0
gl.h:#define GL_BGRA 0x80E1
aldacron

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They aren't defined because they are part of OpenGL 1.2. DerelictGL only binds up to OpenGL 1.1, as that's the highest available on Windows through the OpenGL32.dll directly. Unlike Linux and Mac, to get 1.2+ on Windows you need to load in function pointers in the same way you load extensions, meaning you first need to create a context and query the version string. I initlally included support for later versions, but I wasn't satisified with the implementation. So until I (or someone else) come up with a nice, cross-platform solution that doesn't require too much extra work or overhead to use, I won't be including any 1.2+ stuff in Derelict. Lowest common demoninator.
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize that. I found it when I was playing around with some nehe code and just happened to notice it not being in derelict. I've learned I don't really need to use it anyway though, but thought I'd notify you in case it was missing.

Merry Christmas Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: