FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keep going?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Walnut
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carlos

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Keep going? Reply with quote

I was doing some thinking over the weekend (it was a long one for me, from friday to monday) and I believe Walnut is not worth any kind of effort. That's not to excuse myself from the lack of work with Walnut, instead it's just the way I see it.
The previous conversation about ActiveX is now basically void because I no longer have a PC, which means no more Windows for me (except at work), so I can't keep working on that.
I don't know if MinWin still compiles on Windows, but my last tests on Linux failed, and since Ben hasn't updated it, I guess the status hasn't changed. I managed to compile libminwin_motif.a on Mac OS X, but the samples wouldn't compile (odd abstract class error).
Mango is still under development, and it keeps working, but it's a minor participant because I can't even update to the latest DMDScript because it won't compile with GDC.
And finally, is someone really interested in a JavaScript implementation with more functionalities?
So, those are my reasons. If someone thinks I'm wrong, please let me know and I'll reconsider what I've said. Otherwise, I'll ask Brad to just delete this project.
jcc7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you're not going to be working on it anymore (and no one steps up to take it over), it should be moved to the inactive group of projects in the forum list. But I hate to see it deleted as someone might come along later and be able to benefit from your ideas.

I don't know how much I need a more advanced version of JavaScript, but I am still interested in getting ActiveX/COM to work more easily in D. In fact, just a few days ago I realized that the ActiveX/toVariant stuff we had been working on no longer worked with the current version of DMD (a change in how items can be added to an associative array was the culprit). I've changed it in the Core32 SVN, and I meant to mention it in a Walnut topic.
Carlos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcc7 wrote:
Well, if you're not going to be working on it anymore (and no one steps up to take it over), it should be moved to the inactive group of projects in the forum list. But I hate to see it deleted as someone might come along later and be able to benefit from your ideas.

You're right: deleting it would be a bad decision.

jcc7 wrote:
I am still interested in getting ActiveX/COM to work more easily in D.

That'd be great. I wouldn't use that anymore, but I'm sure that would be great to have in D.

Anyway, I'll give it a week to see what others say (if anything at all).
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Walnut All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: