FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trac wiki attachment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcc7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Trac wiki attachment Reply with quote

Are we supposed to be able to attach a file to a trac wiki page? I tried and it gave me an error. Could the file have been too big? It was only a 74 KB jpeg.

Quote:

Oops...
Trac detected an internal error:

[Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/trac/poseidon/attachments/wiki'

If you think this really should work and you can reproduce it. Then you should consider to report this problem to the Trac team.

Go to http://trac.edgewall.com/ and create a new ticket where you describe the problem, how to reproduce it. Don't forget to include the python traceback found below.

TracGuide — The Trac User and Administration Guide
Python traceback

Traceback (most recent call last):
Code:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/trac/web/modpython_frontend.py", line 206, in handler
    dispatch_request(mpr.path_info, mpr, env)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/trac/web/main.py", line 139, in dispatch_request
    dispatcher.dispatch(req)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/trac/web/main.py", line 107, in dispatch
    resp = chosen_handler.process_request(req)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/trac/attachment.py", line 266, in process_request
    self._do_save(req, attachment)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/trac/attachment.py", line 334, in _do_save
    attachment.insert(filename, upload.file, size)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/trac/attachment.py", line 141, in insert
    os.makedirs(self.path)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/os.py", line 153, in makedirs
    makedirs(head, mode)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/os.py", line 154, in makedirs
    mkdir(name, mode)
OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/trac/poseidon/attachments/wiki'

In the Poseidon forum, there's been a discussion about how Tom's server doesn't allow hot-linking. So I saved the Tom's image to my hard drive. Then, I tried attaching it to Poseidon's front page. I told it which file to attach, and then it replied with the error message.
pragma

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it helps, I submitted a ticket about this a while back:

http://trac.dsource.org/projects/dsource/ticket/9

The changelog shows that Brad changed the milestone to "2.0" at 10:44 yesterday. The 2.0 milestone looks like its going to take a while too:

http://trac.dsource.org/projects/dsource/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&milestone=2.0
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try it now, let me know if this fix works. If so, I'll modify my 'project-creation' script

BA
jcc7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brad wrote:
Try it now, let me know if this fix works. If so, I'll modify my 'project-creation' script
Thanks for the fix. Attaching files works like a charm now. (I would've replied earlier, but I guess I forgot this was my topic.)

In the future, I'll try to remember to check to see if someone else has already created a ticket about something, too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: