FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestions for eclipseD dev

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Suggestions for eclipseD dev Reply with quote

I found that there are a ton of dependency issues, probably because Andy made this plugin for earlier versions of Eclipse, say 2.0 or 2.1. A lot of the jar files have been renamed and/or moved, so you'd need to fight through those, find all suitable replacements, and move forward. I've sent demmegod my .project and .classfile files from eclipse.

As for breakpoints, I don't know how to add this functionality, but it would need to be tied in with a debugger of some sort, like digdug, possibly. I'm more interested in auto-complete while coding and syntax formatting, possibly organizing imports and such. All of that could be copied from the JDT within Eclipse, and modified for D code. (In JDT, hit Ctrl-Shift-O and watch your Java imports be organized)

Not sure of where to look on the web for plugin development. Google for some sites, and it returns a fair amount of them, and I've seen some pages inside eclipse.org, but couldn't find them just now.
teqdruid

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Debug Reply with quote

I'd imagine that all the debug stuff can be copied out of the CDT code almost verbatim.

BTW, I haven't gotten your email yet.
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, copying from CDT would be great. I looked into it, but didn't have the free time. Sad If you could add that stuff, it would be really helpful as far as getting Eclipse up to speed with D developers. It's all I use, but those new features would be sweet.

The mail should be there now. It got hung up in my outbox.
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, Andy said he was not opposed to moving the structure of the packages for this plugin to be:

org.dsource.eclipseD.*
teqdruid

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Package rename Reply with quote

I've sucessfully renamed the package (not a big deal.) I'd also like to rollback the version number. Version 1.0.0 seems a little premature, no?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> eclipseD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: