FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why Deliria?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
danielrh

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Why Deliria? Reply with quote

Hi-
For those of you interested, I'd like to answer the question about why I want to make deliria.

I'm frusterated by the lack of simple clean solid 3d engine designs out there.
My own game vega strike is quite un-neat on the inside... and also not as scalable as I'd like it to be, though I spent last weekend fixing it up to be a lot moreso.
Anyhow, I want deliria to be a simple and clean 3d engine, with emphasis on the cleandliness of the class hierarchy and objects.

I welcome anyone to join me in discovering the essence of a clean and simple 3d engine--I'm not sure it's a solved problem yet though, so we may end up doing plenty of writing and rewriting.

The engine is currently GPL, though so far all the code has been written by me and I'm flexible with the license.
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Why Deliria? Reply with quote

danielrh wrote:

I want deliria to be a simple and clean 3d engine, with emphasis on the cleandliness of the class hierarchy and objects.

I welcome anyone to join me in discovering the essence of a clean and simple 3d engine--I'm not sure it's a solved problem yet though, so we may end up doing plenty of writing and rewriting.

Are you writing a 3d game engine with a game on top (Deliria), or just a 3d game engine named Deliria? When I first saw the project I thought you were writing a game, but from this post you seem to be writing a game engine. Anyway, good luck.
danielrh

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's going to be a game
but clearly the engine will have to be made for it

I'll make it a very simple engine--- hopefully one that's easy to be extended...
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple game engine. must be an oxymoron. Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Deliria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: