FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bugs in 169/170
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MM

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Bugs in 169/170 Reply with quote

Open project > add file rnd.d > typ some random stuff in there > save all > Crash

Open same project (after adding two of those random files) > Crash

This all is with pasing/code completion off.

I think the problem lays with pasing as poseidon shows 'parsed error'.

Last edited by MM on Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Kuan Hsu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: Bugs in 169 Reply with quote

1. It's my fault, when code completion off, Poseidon still pase code when file(s) load/save.

2. Maybe because of my parse tree code, but the error should be caught by error exception...... Confused

I'll check my code, would you e-mail your code( or project ) to me, I think it will help me to find my bug, thanx! Very Happy
hasan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe some exceptions are not getting caught ..
MM

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: here is my project Reply with quote

new project
new file : main.d
type: test
save all
new file : test.d
type: test
save all
crash

By two unparseble files combined, I am Captain Planet!
Kuan Hsu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: here is my project Reply with quote

Maybe because of "Stack Overflow" of CodeAnalyzer, Poseidon will crash......

I uncomment the code in line(74) in token_scanner.d of CodeAnalyzer and it seems to be fixed, but still need more check Rolling Eyes
MM

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject: not really bugs Reply with quote

Two comments about 169:
(Both are probably already on your roadmap, just thought I'd mention them)

There are no scrollbars showing up in the options screen. It is resizable, but scrollbars would be nice.

The find/replace is not resizable Smile. For regulair expressions for instance this would be nice. The current line is just too small to be usefull. I now edit in notepad and paste the expression back in Very Happy

Hope the crashing is gone Twisted Evil
Kuan Hsu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: not really bugs Reply with quote

Quote:

There are no scrollbars showing up in the options screen. It is resizable, but scrollbars would be nice.

I changed options screen size, and add scrollbars in Short Cut option, the screen now had minimum size.

Quote:

The find/replace is not resizable Smile. For regulair expressions for instance this would be nice. The current line is just too small to be usefull. I now edit in notepad and paste the expression back in Very Happy

Now they are resizable and both have minimum size.

Quote:

Hope the crashing is gone Twisted Evil

Hehe, I hope so Very Happy , These changes will in rev 170.
MM

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: New bug Reply with quote

I love how fast you repair everything.
And to celebrate that I have a new bug for you. Laughing
(170)

-
When I have a large selection and do 'find/replace' all that code is placed in the 'Find What:' making it really difficult to do anything. I think you should cap the 'Find What:' to the first line of the selected code.

I don't know if this is related, but I also have some problem selecting 'selection' iso 'all' under 'scope'.

-
And maybe add a message:

Your Find/Replace query has taken more than one minute,
Do you want to abort it?
Yes No

Because I just crashed poseidon which was in a loop I think searching/ replacing. Smile

-
Question:
How do I reopen the source browser after I've closed it?

-
Typo:
Commet=Comment

-
Could it be possible to change the output dir of the 'compress project'.
So that I can easily backup my projects in one click to my other drive.
(My awesome unnecessary plugin had that capability Smile)
Kuan Hsu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: New bug Reply with quote

Quote:

When I have a large selection and do 'find/replace' all that code is placed in the 'Find What:' making it really difficult to do anything. I think you should cap the 'Find What:' to the first line of the selected code.

I'll try to modify it.

Quote:

I don't know if this is related, but I also have some problem selecting 'selection' iso 'all' under 'scope'.

Umm, I need check the source code of find/replace......

Quote:

And maybe add a message:

Your Find/Replace query has taken more than one minute,
Do you want to abort it?
Yes No

Because I just crashed poseidon which was in a loop I think searching/ replacing. Smile

Maybe you could try the 'Stop Searching' button at right-top side of SearchPanel Wink

Quote:

Question:
How do I reopen the source browser after I've closed it?

Double click the empty document caption.

Quote:

Typo:
Commet=Comment

...... Embarassed

Quote:

Could it be possible to change the output dir of the 'compress project'.
So that I can easily backup my projects in one click to my other drive.
(My awesome unnecessary plugin had that capability Smile)

It will in next rev.(171) Very Happy
MM

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: fast dev :) Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe you could try the 'Stop Searching' button at right-top side of SearchPanel Wink

Poseidon crashed when I tried to close the window. It seemed like poseidon wasn't responding anymore. I'll try and recreate it again (after alot of crashes I finally got the correct replace in my 10000 lined module :/)

Ah, try this:

replace $ with ;

This should lock it up and after a while its not responding > crash if you try to close the window.

Looking forward to 171 Twisted Evil
Kuan Hsu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: fast dev :) Reply with quote

Umm, I replace ; with $ in Poseidon source code, but It completed( take much time...... ).

But use replace( or search ) a big project may has many matches, at this time, the SearchPanel will show many messages, it will slow down our system, actually in my case, the messages were continuous showed( the speed get slow gradually ), and respond was get more slow.

I'm not sure that your problem is as mine, if yes, the bugs is for too many messages on SearchPanel, I'll hide replace message and try to display find messages at once......

If no, I think I need check more Confused , thanx!! Very Happy
MM

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: infinite ? Reply with quote

The search was for reg. exp.
Change $(end of line )
with ;

Doing this forward (even without wrap text on) will not end because after replacement there is a new end of line on the same line Wink

I do not get any result, just a non-responding poseidon...
And an hor. scrollbar which keeps getting smaller Very Happy

Luckely I have hyper threading because else my whole system would probably be really slow Smile
Kuan Hsu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: infinite ? Reply with quote

MM wrote:
The search was for reg. exp.
Change $(end of line )
with ;

Doing this forward (even without wrap text on) will not end because after replacement there is a new end of line on the same line Wink

I do not get any result, just a non-responding poseidon...
And an hor. scrollbar which keeps getting smaller Very Happy

So, use "Replace All" will add ';' at end of line infinitely, crash Poseidon Evil or Very Mad

There is another bug in normal 'Replace All' in "Find/Replace""(Ctrl+F), if the findstring is equal to replacestring, and 'word wrap' is selected, Poseidon will find and replace words infinitely. Twisted Evil

I modify some code in "Find/Replace"(Ctrl+F) and "Search/Replace in files"(Ctrl+H) , now in "Find/Replace", 'Replace All' will replace findstring with replacestring from document head to tail( like 'Count All'... ) whatever word wrap is selected or not ( like "Search/Replace in files""(Ctrl+H) ).

The "Search/Replace in files"(Ctrl+H) now can use regexp with only '$' or '^'.

I hope the bug is gone, but still need more check Laughing
MM

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: A general solution? Reply with quote

Maybe this could work.

After say like 500? replacements, a popup shows:

Poseidon has done 500 replacements, what do you want Poseidon to do next?

(buttons)
- Stop
- Do another 500 replacements
- replace the rest without asking again *
*(Be carefull, might loop)

This would have kept me from crashing poseidon ALOT when I was checking out the reg. exp. Smile
Kuan Hsu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: A general solution? Reply with quote

It's the final method when I can't fix the bug finally. Embarassed

Anyway, please check new rev.171, and please tell me the bug is exist or not? Thanks!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Poseidon All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: