FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

linux again
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lightoze

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: linux again Reply with quote

Is version 0.12 closer to build on linux? Or have somebody used previous versions on it? I extremely need Ares because using threads with Phobos cause memory leaks, in daemon-like program. Sad
sean

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet Sad I just got a Linux VM running the other day, so what I think I may do is try to get Ares running under DMD on Linux for the next release, then I'll focus on GDC compatibility. So hopefully I'll have something available by the end of the week.
sean

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick note--I'm delaying this by a day or two while I get out a 147 compatibility release. I have a feeling the new regex features won't work until Ares is updated.
lightoze

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are things going? I still believe that I will see linux build this week. Smile
sean

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new Ares release is out, so it's back to work on Linux tomorrow. I have a VM running, but need to install libstdc++ before DMD will run (which I'm going to try doing tonight). Assuming I can get the environment set up the rest of the way ny tomorrow morning, I may just be able to get out a DMD-on-linux fix this week. GDC will take a bit longer, I'm afraid.
larsivi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know which distribution you use, but usually the libstdc++ you want (I think it is version 5) is available through the package system, and it won't conflict with the already installed version 6.

If your system is debian based, just do

Code:

apt-get install libstdc++5

IIRC
lightoze

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Gentoo, libstdc++ is in sys-devel/gcc package.
sean

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using the Ubuntu VM and got it all sorted last night. Currently, I'm trying make the Win32 makefile format work under Linux. It's complaining about a comment line being invalid, but hopefully I'll figure that one out this evening.
larsivi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sean wrote:
I'm using the Ubuntu VM and got it all sorted last night. Currently, I'm trying make the Win32 makefile format work under Linux. It's complaining about a comment line being invalid, but hopefully I'll figure that one out this evening.

LF vs CR/LF issues?
sean

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

larsivi wrote:
sean wrote:

LF vs CR/LF issues?

Hopefully. I'll try converting and see if it helps.
lightoze

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use jabber, I can help you online with different linux issues. kuv@jabber.ru
sean

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm making progress. The makefiles are ported for the most part and I've begun to look at the POSIX headers. Hopefully getting minimal support in will take less time than I fear it will Wink

By the way, I've installed GCC, etc, but for some reason the POSIX headers weren't installed as well? I only have the standard C/C++ headers at the moment. I'll try and track down linux-threads as well as whatever other Ubuntu packages I need for access to these headers today.
JJR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean,

I don't think you get the POSIX headers in there unless you download the linux-kernel headers, the linux kernel source, and/or possibly the glibc source.

-JJR
sean

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorted. I had to get the full developer kit for the libstdc++ version DMD requires. The newer version doesn't include the headers for some reason. Makefiles should now pretty much work in Linux for DMD, so it's down to sorting out coding problems.
sean

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a small battle with SVN and weird GNU make behavior, dmdgc and dmdrt now build on Linux Smile The ares library itself will take additional work, as std.thread depends on the woefully incomplete POSIX headers. With any luck that will be sorted in a few days. Once I get a good build I'll release a new Ares version. Until then, just grab the SVN updates.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Ares All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: