FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Integration of DDoc with CanDyDoc or something

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keinfarbton

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Integration of DDoc with CanDyDoc or something Reply with quote

Today I tried to use DDoc the first time. Well, a lot of problems. New compile errors, no navigation and so on. Then I tried CandyDoc from the Helix project. Works with calling dmd from the commandline, but not with build. This is because build appends '-op' to the dmd command. I made a post to the Helix forum. But this is not my actual issue.

Wouldn't it be very useful if build integrates CandyDoc or such a solution. So a user can compile the program and generate a pretty doc out-of-the-box?

CandyDoc needs a modules.ddoc, which lists all modules for the navigation. Build has the information about all used modules. So the integration of the doc generation workflow into build seems to me the right place - a natural thing.

If CandyDoc integrates into build, further enhancements would be possible. Actual, CandyDoc can only make use of stylesheets and macros. With build, the generation of a static navigation and independent pages would be possible.

Well, just an idea Very Happy
Derek Parnell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I currently use Build to generate documentation from Ddoc files. I'll have a look at CandyDoc before commiting to anything just yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Build All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: