FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OpenGL bindings broken?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freeagle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: OpenGL bindings broken? Reply with quote

Hi,

i dloaded today the gl bindings hoping to use them under linux. Unfortunately they containt many errors, especially in the glxext module. There are many GL types that are set as arguents of functions, but they are nowhere declared (GLlong, GLulong, and VLServer things...), in xgl module struct and class with the same name XVisualInfo, some annonymous structs in glxext module, ... i dont know now the full list of errors i got coz i was trying to solve them while trying to compile... BTW, i tried to compile it with GDC 0.19 and dmd 0.166, both produced the same errors...

Freeagle
JoeCoder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't keep up with the bindings project, but I can tell you that Derelict OpenGL support works great on Windows and Linux. I'm not sure of the status of Derelict with GDC.
Freeagle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, yes, I know about Derelict, I just really dont like the "LoadOpenGL" or however is called the function at each program start and the added dependency on the derelict.util module.
dan.lewis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derelict works, this OpenGL binding is a work in progress.

The wonderful thing about open source, is you're welcome to contribute some changes towards making it work. : p
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Bindings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: