FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Socket and stuff

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tyfon

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Socket and stuff Reply with quote

Shutdown is just something i allways do when i have a socket i want to close :p. The reuseaddress is as you say to make it not "crash" when you ctrl+c the server and start it again.
Also, i miss a function for atexit() in C, in case the server segfaults to do the same stuff.

I will look into the diffrent issues you have raised later today (first day off work for some weeks now Wink

I have a problem though, i tried to make a recursive makefil thing, but the import "blabla.blabla" wants to import that from blabla/blabla.d, .. maybe it can be fixed very fast with a -I option or something, but atm it had problems when compiling the files from same directory as they are in.
No biggie Wink
kris

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Socket and stuff Reply with quote

tyfon wrote:
I have a problem though, i tried to make a recursive makefil thing, but the import "blabla.blabla" wants to import that from blabla/blabla.d, .. maybe it can be fixed very fast with a -I option or something, but atm it had problems when compiling the files from same directory as they are in.

Yeah, I ran into that issue also (assuming I understand your point correctly). D behaves quite differently from Java with respect to the import path. In particular, it has problems referencing a sibling path. This is why Mango will not compile successfully from within the subordinate directories.
kris

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Socket and stuff Reply with quote

tyfon wrote:
Shutdown is just something i allways do when i have a socket i want to close :p. The reuseaddress is as you say to make it not "crash" when you ctrl+c the server and start it again.
Also, i miss a function for atexit() in C, in case the server segfaults to do the same stuff.

I will look into the diffrent issues you have raised later today (first day off work for some weeks now Wink

One way to provide an equivalent for atexit() is to do this:
Code:
main()
{
    try {
         // do stuff
         }  finally {
                    // clean up
                    }
}

Did you happen to have any luck with those socket issues on Linux?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Mango All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: