FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

eclipseD Development

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teqdruid

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: eclipseD Development Reply with quote

I think I'm getting the hang of Eclipse progamming. There's now code in the eclipseD repository. It's basically Andy's code with the following improvements:
1)Changed package names
2)Set the version back to 0.1... It's definately not 1.0
3)Improved the syntax highlighting to include the mixin keyword, and added number suffix highlighting, such as 32l.

Next up: outlines! Dealing with imports and the like is a little off, but I think I can do it eventually.

I'm taking on the small stuff right now, just learning this shit... I'll take on the big stuff eventually Cool

We could use a coupla graphics if anyone wants to do it... Basically just an icon to represent .d code files, since we're just using the eclipse icon for now. I'm a horrible artist.

What features is everyone looking for? If there are any small things, I might be able to do them real soon.
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What format do you need for the icons?

I'd love to see source code analysis that determines the imports that you would need. A great feature of the JDT is Ctrl-Shift-O that cleans up all of your java.lang.* and actually puts only the individual modules (packages) you need. eclipseD could make private and public blocks inside the modules for the relevant imports and inside classes for those relevant imports.

Another feature would be code formatting. Again, this would require a total knowledge of the source code and D grammar. I took a look at Jalopy a while back, and it used a lexer/parser called ANTLR. That looked a bit too daunting, and with dsource and dwt, I already have my hands full.

I know these are big features.

Maybe code completion and warnings/errors in code (JDT must run the code through the compiler to get different error/warning messages by line number and puts a little yellow/red icon next to it and in the document bar all the way to the right.

Or, debugging and breakpoints from the CDT. Damn, sounds like a lot...
teqdruid

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Format/Todo Reply with quote

GIF is what the image is now, so I guess that's OK.

I think after outlines, I'm going to work on code formatting. It's a medium-sized item, I figure.
JJR

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brad wrote:
What format do you need for the icons?

Why not PNG?

brad wrote:
I'd love to see source code analysis that determines the imports that you would need. A great feature of the JDT is Ctrl-Shift-O that cleans up all of your java.lang.* and actually puts only the individual modules (packages) you need. eclipseD could make private and public blocks inside the modules for the relevant imports and inside classes for those relevant imports.

This imports idea would be an incredibly useful feature....
teqdruid

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Image format Reply with quote

PNG is probably OK as well. I'm not totally sure what formats Eclipse (or SWT) supports.
Blandger

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brad wrote:
I'd love to see source code analysis that determines the imports that you would need.

+1

brad wrote:
Another feature would be code formatting. Again, this would require a total knowledge of the source code and D grammar.

+1

3. I want to add 'finding the pair bracket' for {} and () (Ctrl-Shift-P in the Eclipse).

brad wrote:
I know these are big features.
A lot of work. Sad

brad wrote:
Maybe code completion and warnings/errors in code (JDT must run the code through the compiler to get different error/warning messages by line number and puts a little yellow/red icon next to it and in the document bar all the way to the right.
+1

brad wrote:
Or, debugging and breakpoints from the CDT.
+1
brad wrote:
Damn, sounds like a lot...
You right, Brad. Too much work... But we miss it a lot. Actually 'debugging' would be really necessary for DWT a later. So I think now it has a smaller priority.

6. 'Code folding' which is available in the eclipse-SDK-3.0M9. I downloaded it yesterday.

Did somebody try LEDS on the Linux. How is it? Does it have this features?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> eclipseD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: