FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with using build

View previous topic :: View next topic  
antdengineer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Help with using build Reply with quote

Im new with the D language and the build tool and Im having some trouble building a little test program using the build tool. I originally posted in the mango section of the forums but im now posting here. Its a simple program that just tests out using mango. When I run build on my program, like this "build test.d", the following is printed to standard output:

Code:

gcc: /home/anthony/workspace/include/mango/mango/text/String.o: No such file or directory
gcc: /home/anthony/workspace/include/mango/mango/text/Text.o: No such file or directory
gcc: /home/anthony/workspace/include/mango/mango/convert/Type.o: No such file or directory
gcc: /home/anthony/workspace/include/mango/mango/convert/Format.o: No such file or directory
gcc: /home/anthony/workspace/include/mango/mango/convert/Integer.o: No such file or directory
gcc: /home/anthony/workspace/include/mango/mango/convert/Atoi.o: No such file or directory
gcc: /home/anthony/workspace/include/mango/mango/convert/Unicode.o: No such file or directory
gcc: /home/anthony/workspace/include/mango/mango/io/model/IWriter.o: No such file or directory
gcc: /home/anthony/workspace/include/mango/mango/io/model/IBuffer.o: No such file or directory
gcc: /home/anthony/workspace/include/mango/mango/io/model/IConduit.o: No such file or directory
gcc: /home/anthony/workspace/include/mango/mango/text/model/UniString.o: No such file or directory

After this occurs, I see all of the above object files are created and in the same directory as test.d as well as test.o . Isnt build supposed to then automatically link these files together? I was able to build an executable file by running:

Code:
dmd test.o Atoi.o Format.o IBuffer.o IConduit.o Integer.o IWriter.o String.o Text.o Type.o Unicode.o UniString.o

but this is a pain. Im I doing this wrong?
PsychoBrat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you run 'dmd' from a terminal, one of the options listed is:
Code:
"-op            do not strip paths from source file"

If you pass this as a parameter to build, I believe that might solve your problem. Let us know? Smile
antdengineer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that did fix one problem, thak you. The mango object files are now created and put with the mango source files instead of in my programs source directory. Only now I get some linker errors:

Code:

/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.0.3/../../../../lib/libphobos.a(critical.o): In function `_STI_critical_init':critical.c:(.text+0xb0): undefined reference to `pthread_mutexattr_init'
:critical.c:(.text+0xbf): undefined reference to `pthread_mutexattr_settype'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.0.3/../../../../lib/libphobos.a(monitor.o): In function `_STI_monitor_staticctor':monitor.c:(.text+0x18): undefined reference to `pthread_mutexattr_init'
:monitor.c:(.text+0x27): undefined reference to `pthread_mutexattr_settype'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.0.3/../../../../lib/libphobos.a(monitor.o): In function `_STD_monitor_staticdtor':monitor.c:(.text+0x77): undefined reference to `pthread_mutexattr_destroy'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.0.3/../../../../lib/libphobos.a(thread.o): In function `_D3std6thread6Thread5startFZv':std/thread.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_D3std6thread6Thread5startFZv+0xb8): undefined reference to `pthread_create'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.0.3/../../../../lib/libphobos.a(thread.o): In function `_D3std6thread6Thread4waitFZv':std/thread.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_D3std6thread6Thread4waitFZv+0x38): undefined reference to `pthread_join'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.0.3/../../../../lib/libphobos.a(thread.o): In function `_D3std6thread6Thread4waitFkZv':std/thread.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_D3std6thread6Thread4waitFkZv+0xdf): undefined reference to `pthread_cancel'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.0.3/../../../../lib/libphobos.a(thread.o): In function `_D3std6thread6Thread5pauseFZv':std/thread.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_D3std6thread6Thread5pauseFZv+0x13): undefined reference to `pthread_kill'
:std/thread.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_D3std6thread6Thread5pauseFZv+0x3a): undefined reference to `sem_wait'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.0.3/../../../../lib/libphobos.a(thread.o): In function `_D3std6thread6Thread6resumeFZv':std/thread.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_D3std6thread6Thread6resumeFZv+0x13): undefined reference to `pthread_kill'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.0.3/../../../../lib/libphobos.a(thread.o): In function `_D3std6thread6Thread8pauseAllFZv':std/thread.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_D3std6thread6Thread8pauseAllFZv+0x40): undefined reference to `pthread_kill'
:std/thread.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_D3std6thread6Thread8pauseAllFZv+0x7b): undefined reference to `sem_wait'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.0.3/../../../../lib/libphobos.a(thread.o): In function `_D3std6thread6Thread4initFkZv':std/thread.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_D3std6thread6Thread4initFkZv+0x20): undefined reference to `pthread_attr_setstacksize'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.0.3/../../../../lib/libphobos.a(thread.o): In function `_D3std6thread6Thread11thread_initFZv':std/thread.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_D3std6thread6Thread11thread_initFZv+0xd7): undefined reference to `sem_init'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.0.3/../../../../lib/libphobos.a(thread.o): In function `_D3std6thread6Thread12pauseHandlerUiZv':std/thread.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_D3std6thread6Thread12pauseHandlerUiZv+0x74): undefined reference to `sem_post'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

These errors did not occur before when I ran:

Code:
dmd test.o Atoi.o Format.o IBuffer.o IConduit.o Integer.o IWriter.o String.o Text.o Type.o Unicode.o UniString.o

which did yield an executable.
Carlos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add -lpthread (or -L-lpthread) to build's or gcc's command line
Derek Parnell

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlos wrote:
Add -lpthread (or -L-lpthread) to build's or gcc's command line

I'm sorry that I've not been able to get back to fixing the Linux edition yet. I'll have another attempt before next week starts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Build All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: