FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[fixed] How to set up rulesPlayer to play DVDs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
markus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: [fixed] How to set up rulesPlayer to play DVDs Reply with quote

Hi, guys!
Today i've downloaded the rulesPlayer. Also, i've downloaded Mplayer and all codecs required for MPlayer. However, rulesPlayer can't play any DVD. It says me "An error occured (seems like empty or unsupported file)." Do you know what's wrong with it and how can i solve this problem?
bobef

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can play the vob files or video_ts.ifo. Also try downloading the latest version if you haven't already. Too bad I don't own a dvd and can't test a real dvd. Maybe with daemon tools in the future...
markus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You can play the vob files or video_ts.ifo. Also try downloading the latest version if you haven't already. Too bad I don't own a dvd and can't test a real dvd. Maybe with daemon tools in the future...

Yes, i am able to play vob files and video_ts.ifo when i go to 'File"->'Open file(s)'. However, when i go to 'File' -> 'Play DVD' -> 'E' or 'F', it doesn't work at all.
Bobef, the rulesPlayer is great but it needs an improvement with 'File' -> 'Play DVD' -> 'E' or 'F'.
Bobef, i have one more question. Are you planning to make rulesPlayer for Linux and FreeBSD? It would be great.
bobef

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said I don't have dvd to test it... For 'Play DVD' I've just copied the command line from MPUI but some things just tend not to work although everything looks the same as in MPUI or MPlayer alone... I will fix everything... When I have time...

About linux. Currently I am using DWT (user interface library), so unless DWT is ported to linux I can't port the player, and nobody seems to undertake porting DWT to linux... But it is possible that I swith from DWT to other GUI, because, although I love DWT, it is seems that Shawn Liu (DWT's author/mainterner) lost interest in it or something...
markus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobef, i would really like to use the rulesPlayer on Linux and especially on PC-BSD. I don't really like KMPlayer because it has lots of bugs and nobody seems to improve it. I wasn't able to watch any DVD on KMPlayer whereas the rulesPlayer is great. It works very well on Windows XP. Anyway...
Bobef, thanks for your reply and good luck with your rulesPlayer! Smile Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> rulesPlayer All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: