FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tlbimpd enum output problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stuartd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: tlbimpd enum output problem Reply with quote

Found a slight problem with the output of enums by tlbimpd:

enum FileModeConstants {
/*[uuid("2c9b7380-ae63-11d3-911c-00105a17b60")]*/
static GUID IID = { 0x2c9b7380, 0xae63, 0x11d3, 0x91, 0x1c, 0x00, 0x10, 0x5a, 0x17, 0xb6, 0x08 };
createAlways = 0,
createExisting = 1,
createUnique = 2,
createOpen = 3,
}

This fails to compile as the guid is defined inside the enum body.

cheers, and nice work by the way!
jcc7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: tlbimpd enum output problem Reply with quote

stuartd wrote:
This fails to compile as the guid is defined inside the enum body.

cheers, and nice work by the way!
I found this same problem today (and then I remember someone had posted about it). I think I figured out the solution, too.

In my situation, this flaw in tlbimpd was fixed by changing line 258 in juno\tools\codegen.d:
Code:
if (!type.isEnum || !type.isAlias) {
to
Code:
if (!type.isEnum && !type.isAlias) {
(which is I'm sure what John meant to type in the first place).

Juno and tlbimpd are really cool (I'm just now figuring out how cool!), and I hope their development continues.
jcc7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: tlbimpd enum output problem Reply with quote

Also, DMD seemed to like the outputted files better after I changed line 376 in juno\tools\codegen.d from
Code:
output.write("static GUID IID = ");
to
Code:
output.write("static GUID CLSID = ");

(I was inspired by juno\xml\msxml.d to make this change after the compiler wouldn't compile a module that tlbimpd created for me.)
jcc7

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found another change that I think is needed: http://www.dsource.org/projects/juno/ticket/1
John

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the fixes.

Regarding the GUID issue, changing the line in codegen.d to the following should fix it:

Code:

if (declaringType.isCoClass)
      output.write("static GUID CLSID = ");
    else
      output.write("static GUID IID = ");

I know there's been no code update for ages, but I am working on Juno (and tlbimpd) when time allows. I want to get tlbimpd into a fairly stable state - except there's one major bug in reflect.d which prevents parameters from being correctly emitted in some cases. It's related to the ticket you opened. That whole algorithm needs rewriting.
jcc7

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John wrote:
Thanks for the fixes.
You're quite welcome. I just hope they're helpful. A lot of this COM stuff is still way over my head, but I'm some of it is making much more sense to me.

John wrote:
I know there's been no code update for ages, but I am working on Juno (and tlbimpd) when time allows. I want to get tlbimpd into a fairly stable state - except there's one major bug in reflect.d which prevents parameters from being correctly emitted in some cases. It's related to the ticket you opened. That whole algorithm needs rewriting.
I'm glad to hear you're still interested in the project. The type identification issue in reflect is annoying, but my workaround (Ticket #1) allows identification of most of the types. (There are still a few cases where even my work-around fails, but they are few enough that I think I'll just manually fix the output for now.)

If I have some free time, I think I'm going to add some wiki content to explain how tlbimpd can be used with Juno to use some COM objects. Nothing too fancy (because I don't know how to do anything fancy), but it'd help me remember what I've learned (and perhaps someone else could benefit from it, too).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Juno All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: