FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with backtrace

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keinfarbton

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Problem with backtrace Reply with quote

Hi

GDB is one of the keys to the development. Thanks for your patches, I could not work with D without them.

The problem I have: In many cases the backtrace is not working correctly. I often get something like "corrupted stack" when running programs with threads.

If an exception is thrown the backtrace often show only the frames until the code position, where the exception is thrown. But it would be very important for me, to also see the callers from this code.

E.g. if writeln throws a formating exception, it could be hundreds of places where the format string is not correct. Or array bounds is another example.

Frank
teqdruid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've seen this issue as well. I don't think it's an issue with the patches so much as it is an omission. Unfortunately, my expertise with that section of GDB is very limited, and my time is more limited so I haven't had time to look into it.

It might be that there's something Walter can change with DMD that fixes this issue, but I'm not certain. You might trying running your program with a vanilla CVS build of GDB and checking that the issue exists there, too. The vanilla CVS won't have symbol demangling, but it shouldn't crash on a dmd -g compiled program anymore. If the CVS version fails, send your D program to the GDB guys and ask for a fix. They'd be able to fix it quicker than myself.

~John
keinfarbton

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added a bug report to the gdb bug database with number 2157
teqdruid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keinfarbton wrote:
I added a bug report to the gdb bug database with number 2157

Thanks for following up on this. Please let us know what the GDB guys say.

~John
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> GDB Patches All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: