FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

_bn files are not getting updated

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jicman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: _bn files are not getting updated Reply with quote

Greetings to the man from down under... :-)

Derek,

I have been compiling programs for a while, but I have noticed that using build v3.02, my _bn files are not getting updated. The same version stay. I am using this command,

build -I.. -D source.d

the source_bn.d file is on the same directory as the source.d file. Also, it used to sequentially add one to each compilation for source.d. But now, it's just hanging there in the same number.

Any ideas? I am sure you know. ;-)

thanks,

josé
keinfarbton

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have problems with the buildnumbers also. In the simple case it works. But in this case not:

File:
<prjroot>/packa/moda.d

contains: module packa.moda; private import packa.moda_bn;

instead <prjroot> I want to start build in <prjroot>/packa with the additional include path -I..

Now the build number does not work.

The reason for doing this is that I have multiple subprojects in a common source tree. Now I want to start a make with an individual makefile from the subproject directory. A workaround is to prepend a "cd .. &&" before calling build and make all other files and dirs relative to the <prjroot>.
jicman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My building environment is almost the same. I have a bunch of directories, for example,

prog0
prog1
prog2
prog3
prog4
jiclib

and I cd to the directory that I am going to build to, say prog0. In the prog0 directory, there is a prog0.d and a prog0_bn.d. Since the program use my jiclib directories, I use the command,

build -I.. -D prog0.d

which builds the program and create the DDoc html file, but does not increase the build.

Is Derek watching this forumat all? Maybe we should post this to D.Learn
Derek Parnell

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jicman wrote:
My building environment is almost the same. I have a bunch of directories, for example,

prog0
prog1
prog2
prog3
prog4
jiclib

and I cd to the directory that I am going to build to, say prog0. In the prog0 directory, there is a prog0.d and a prog0_bn.d. Since the program use my jiclib directories, I use the command,

build -I.. -D prog0.d

which builds the program and create the DDoc html file, but does not increase the build.

Sorry. This is a known bug. I have fixed it but not released it yet. Just too busy etc... Hopefully I can grab some time this weekend to finish testing on Linux.

Quote:

Is Derek watching this forumat all? Maybe we should post this to D.Learn

Of course Exclamation Every day, but remember I'm in a different timezone than most of you. I'm on UTC+10.
jicman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand about busy, my friend. Thanks again for the wonderful tool. I wouldn't know what to do without it... :-)

josé
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Build All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: