FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

compiling FreeUniverse

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nascent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: compiling FreeUniverse Reply with quote

I'm trying to compile FreeUniverse from SVN repository. When gcc compiles the objects I get this
Code:

gcc objects/FreeUniverse.o -o FreeUniverse -m32 -lphobos -lpthread -lm
objects/FreeUniverse.o:(.data+0x34): undefined reference to `_ModuleInfo_4init4init'
objects/FreeUniverse.o:(.data+0x38): undefined reference to `_ModuleInfo_6docked6docked'
objects/FreeUniverse.o: In function `_Dmain':
FreeUniverse.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_Dmain+0x5): undefined reference to `_D4init4init16InitFreeUniverseFZx'
FreeUniverse.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_Dmain+0x36): undefined reference to `_D3arc2io6window5clearFZv'
FreeUniverse.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_Dmain+0x3b): undefined reference to `_D4init4init8gameTimeC3arc3phy4time4Time'
FreeUniverse.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_Dmain+0x45): undefined reference to `_D3arc2io5input7processFZv'
FreeUniverse.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_Dmain+0x4a): undefined reference to `_D4init4init9gameStatei'
FreeUniverse.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_Dmain+0x79): undefined reference to `_D4menu9main_menu14DisplayNewGameFZv'
FreeUniverse.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_Dmain+0x80): undefined reference to `_D4init4init8gameTimeC3arc3phy4time4Time'
FreeUniverse.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_Dmain+0x8f): undefined reference to `_D4menu9main_menu15DisplayLoadGameFZv'
FreeUniverse.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_Dmain+0x96): undefined reference to `_D4init4init8gameTimeC3arc3phy4time4Time'
FreeUniverse.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_Dmain+0xa2): undefined reference to `_D4menu9main_menu15DisplayMainMenuFZv'
FreeUniverse.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_Dmain+0xa9): undefined reference to `_D4init4init8gameTimeC3arc3phy4time4Time'
FreeUniverse.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_Dmain+0xb6): undefined reference to `_D4init4init11globalTimerm'
FreeUniverse.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_Dmain+0xbd): undefined reference to `_D4init4init11globalTimerm'
FreeUniverse.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_Dmain+0xc4): undefined reference to `_D4init4init13selectionMadex'
FreeUniverse.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_Dmain+0xca): undefined reference to `_D5space7handler11HandleInputFZv'
FreeUniverse.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_Dmain+0xcf): undefined reference to `_D5space7handler18HandleSpaceObjectsFZv'
FreeUniverse.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_Dmain+0xd6): undefined reference to `_D4init4init8gameTimeC3arc3phy4time4Time'
FreeUniverse.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_Dmain+0xe2): undefined reference to `_D4init4init17CloseFreeUniverseFZv'
FreeUniverse.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_Dmain+0xec): undefined reference to `_D6docked6docked11dockHandlerFZv'
FreeUniverse.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_Dmain+0xf3): undefined reference to `_D4init4init8gameTimeC3arc3phy4time4Time'
FreeUniverse.d:(.gnu.linkonce.t_Dmain+0x118): undefined reference to `_D3arc2io6window4swapFZv'

I'm compiling this in linux. And Since I'm not even sure of my ability to compile a big project here is how I did it. I tried 'build' but since I have dmd place my objects in an objects directory build doesn't seem to tell gcc that, so I went into my objects directory and piped a find of all the object files to gcc
$ find -P -depth -regex ".+\.o"| gcc -o free FreeUniverse.o

I figured I should try it with dmd so
$ find -P -depth -regex ".+\.d" | dmd FreeUniverse.d
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried build command

build -Rn -full -cleanup -release -O ?

This will delete any objects created (not sure why you need them in seperate directory) and compile the whole thing.

From the above errors, it looks like GCC is not getting linked with your object files.
ChristianK

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also had trouble with build's ability to put object files in a seperate directory, so I'm generally compiling with

dbuild -op -L-ldl FreeUniverse.d

However, clay's -cleanup is generally a good idea, as is -O -release (-inline?) when compiling for release.
nascent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it, (I don't have build on my path). I also tried it with another one file program and it does the same thing. each time stating that the args "-m32 -lphobos -lpthread -lm" are unknown.

Anyway the error above is what I get from using dmd directly.
ChristianK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not at home and can't verify (and really recommend getting build to work). However

dmd FreeUniverse.d $(find -name "*.d" | grep -v FreeUniverse.d)

Should work, I think. You should let dmd do the linking - or at least check which flags it adds to the linker command.
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you follow the *nix install directions?

http://digitalmars.com/d/dcompiler.html#linux

I've used build before on linux a while ago. You need all those compiler flags. I'd recommend to put build in your /bin directory as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> FreeUniverse All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: