FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tutorials on site
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJR

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops! I was browsing the tutorial tab and saw the "delete" option at the side. Pressed the button for "hello, world" example, and what do you know? It deleted it! I wasn't logged in either. My apologies. Perhaps Justin can put it back on. Is this going to be this way permanently? Someone irresponsible could mess with things... Shocked.

So sorry,

John
jcc7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile The lack of security is a known issue.

So far, I've pretty much only added stuff that is also on my tutorial website, so it's easy to put back. I don't know how we'll protect this, but we will. Perhaps we can tap into the forum profile and only admins would have a "delete" option.

Don't worry about about. We're just testing the system out right now.
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think we should format the site like the forums or like the Home tab ?? I've been thinking about this, and I like the look of the forums, but only for the forums. The projects and tutorials tabs should be cleaner in my mind.

BTW, I think that look on the Home and Site tabs will be refined a bit with time, so it won't stay that "clean"
jcc7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't thought of that. I don't think there's anything wrong with the Home tab. The format of the tutorials is pretty easy to change. I'll play with the look some more. I'll try to get it more dsource than subSilver. I think the current tutorial look is too austere, but it doesn't have to be phpBB fancy either.

And we need to add some security to prevent deleting examples before the deluge occurs. I hope my idea works for tying into phpBB works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: