FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cannot resolve symbol in loadAndLink

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lpw

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: cannot resolve symbol in loadAndLink Reply with quote

Ok, so yesterday I discovered D. Coupled with DDL, it gave me pleasure in the most unlikely places. So I grabbed the latest DMD (0.174) along with today's SVN snapshots of mango and DDL. Following along with the plugin tutorial, I got to the "it compiles" stage. Yet, trying to run 'quick' I get the following error:

Error: cannot resolve symbol: (cannot Self Resolve) [902890] weak local _D6plugin10helloWorldFZAa

This seems to be emitted from ddl.Linker:221. Not sure how to proceed. Oh yeah, the O/S is Windoze XP.

Cheers and thanks,
Lukasz
h3r3tic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm.. looks like either the 'quick' sample is wrong or the symbol is incorrectly recognized as 'weak'. This may be due to some heavy changes in DDL about a week ago. Try this one:

Code:
import ddl.DefaultRegistry;
import ddl.Linker;

import mango.io.Stdout;

void main(){
    auto linker = new Linker(new DefaultRegistry());
    linker.loadAndRegister("quick.map");

auto plugin = linker.load("plugin.obj");
    linker.register(plugin);
   linker.link(plugin);

auto helloWorld = plugin.getDExport!(char[] function(),"plugin.helloWorld")();

Stdout.put(helloWorld());
    Stdout.put(CR);
}

Btw, are you Polish ? Your name looks Polish to me and I'm from Torun, Poland myself Smile
lpw

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You the man, h3r3tic, that fixed it. And yes, I am Polish, but I live in Canada now. I was born in Chorzow, then lived the first 13-ish years of my life near Katowice. I'm thinking of going back for a visit next summer... Time will tell, it always does. Thanks again for your help, and keep up the great work!

Cheers,
Lukasz
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DDL - D Dynamic Libraries All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: