FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

aka module xml parsing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmireles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: aka module xml parsing Reply with quote

Hi.
Great job with this IDE.
I started trying to port some of my java code into D with poseidon and planing to use DWT. Studing the IDE's internals I realize the use of the aka module for xml config parsing. It seems to me the xml parsing is too-tied to the IDE so the natural question is which xml parser can one use for its apps? Any dll or aka standard module? It will be a official parser?

Regards
KlausO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

as far as I know there is no official parser, but Wiki4d contains
a list of available XML libraries. See

http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?AllLibraries/XmlLibraries

for details.
jmireles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips.
I'm using the xml code (ak module) in poseidon for my app to parse xml settings; is working. At least, a bad formed xml file is not accepted by throwing an exception as the file was not found...

Is there a way I can add to my Poseidon project sources files in xml in order I can edit them inside the IDE? It would be great the IDE could permit edit more files types (txt for instance) needed for our projects.

Regards
Jorge

PD
I mean read only xml files some apps need.
Kuan Hsu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmireles wrote:
Is there a way I can add to my Poseidon project sources files in xml in order I can edit them inside the IDE? It would be great the IDE could permit edit more files types (txt for instance) needed for our projects.

If you use Bud to build your project, check Project->Properties->File Filter, add *.xml to File Filter.

For example: if I want to display and edit all D and XML files in my project, set the File Filter is *.d;*.xml, then all D and XML files at project path will show on Package Explorer, then I can edit them in Poseidon. Very Happy
bobef

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me throw some light. I wrote this XML module few years ago to learn D. It is not real XML library because it was never completed, but it is very easy to use and will do great work for not complicated tasks... Shawn said he liked it because it is very simple... But if you need real XML it is not the right choice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Poseidon All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: