FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

source explorer!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hasan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: source explorer!! Reply with quote

Today I opened poseidon and loaded my project, but there were no files!! I remember this happening a while ago too. Basically, instead of showing the "package explorer" window, I see "source explorer", and it doesn't show any files under the project.
The strange thing is, when I went to tools->options->compiler and put a check mark on "Use BUD To Build", the "source explorer" changed to "package explorer" and the files showed up!
Kuan Hsu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: source explorer!! Reply with quote

At Poseidon original design, "package explorer" will show all D files( according for "File Filter" ) below "Project Path", whatever is used or not. Because when we use "Bud" to build our project, we just only setup our main file, and "Bud" will compile all needed files automatically.

But when we use DMD to compile our project, we need pass files to DMD manually, Poseidon will do it, but we need set files in project, so "source explorer" will show files that need to pass to DMD.( the files maybe out of working path ).

In "Project Property", we can import all files below "Project Path" to "Files List", we can choose what is needed or not, then they will send to "source explorer".

Finally, hehe, I decide that "Bud" = "package explorer"; "DMD" = "source explorer". Razz
hasan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. I thought it was a bug. Laughing
It's confusing a little bit, don't you think so?
Kuan Hsu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure.......I think.... Rolling Eyes

Do you think what is the better way? Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Poseidon All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: