FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with building mango.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dpc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Problem with building mango. Reply with quote

I try to get mango using DSSS.

Code:

[...]
mango/sys => DD-mango-sys
+ /home/dpc/d/bin/dsss_build -I/home/dpc/d/include/d -LIBPATH=/home/dpc/d/lib -LIBPATH=.  -od.  -explicit -lib -full mango/sys/ByteSwap.d mango/sys/Epoch.d mango/sys/OS.d mango/sys/System.d mango/sys/Atomic.d -TlibSDD-mango-sys.a
mango/sys/Epoch.d(337): function std.c.linux.linux.localtime (__time_t*) does not match parameter types (int*)
mango/sys/Epoch.d(337): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression (& utc) of type int* to __time_t*

I'm not really sure if this isn't DSSS problem, but I'd like to to inform you anyway. I guess that RSSS compiles mango trunk from svn.

Compiler: dmd 0.174.
Host: Kubuntu.
teqdruid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with building mango. Reply with quote

dpc wrote:
I try to get mango using DSSS.

Code:

[...]
mango/sys => DD-mango-sys
+ /home/dpc/d/bin/dsss_build -I/home/dpc/d/include/d -LIBPATH=/home/dpc/d/lib -LIBPATH=.  -od.  -explicit -lib -full mango/sys/ByteSwap.d mango/sys/Epoch.d mango/sys/OS.d mango/sys/System.d mango/sys/Atomic.d -TlibSDD-mango-sys.a
mango/sys/Epoch.d(337): function std.c.linux.linux.localtime (__time_t*) does not match parameter types (int*)
mango/sys/Epoch.d(337): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression (& utc) of type int* to __time_t*

I'm not really sure if this isn't DSSS problem, but I'd like to to inform you anyway. I guess that RSSS compiles mango trunk from svn.

Compiler: dmd 0.174.
Host: Kubuntu.

I have not tried to compile Mango with .174 yet, so there may be issues... I'll check it out soon. You might try an older DMD until then.
teqdruid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess with my schedule these days, 'soon' is a week and a half. Anyway, I was unable to replicate your problem with DMD 0.176. However, the line in your error message is not the same as the line in SVN. Additionally, there is a cast to __time_t* in SVN, so I suspect that this bug was fixed in SVN, and the DSSS does not use svn. I suggest using svn, since DMD gets updated so often these days, the releases won't catch up for awhile.

~John
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Mango All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: