FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Entice Toolbox Placing Suggestion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jicman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Entice Toolbox Placing Suggestion Reply with quote

Greetings.

First of all, thanks for your hard work. WOW. I was looking at some sites with Tutorials For Windows Programming and ended up with a headache. After seeing how easy DFL is, I couldn't help to say thanks. I could keep going, but I am sure you have things to do. :-)

I am working with Entice (great utility, by the way) and as I am creating different toolboxes. I have found that using the mouse to move any toolbox to an SPECIFIC spot is tough.

One suggestion is to allow the use of the arrow keys to move the toolbox being edited 10 positions towards the pointing of the arrow being used. And, CTRL-Arrow moves the toolbox one position. This will make it easier to just click on the toolbox, and then use the arrows to place the toolbox to the exact position desired.

just a thought...

josé
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Entice Toolbox Placing Suggestion Reply with quote

Thanks

It's a bit confusing how you use the word toolbox to mean both the box of tools and the tools themselves. It sounds like you're having a hard time positioning the tool controls on your form, but they should be snapping to the grid anyway. As long as you haven't disabled the "snap to grid" option, it shouldn't matter where you click and the tool control will jump to the nearest grid intersection.

However, your idea about using the arrows to position the tools is interesting; I'll give it some thought.
jicman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I am kinda new to this windows programming subject. Heh heh heh. :-) Yes, I know they lock, but I wanted to move it just a few positions more to fit something, but it was very hard, so I had to make the main window bigger to do this. This idea is not mine. It's used for Graphics software on Windows. When one wants to move a graphic box or a TextBox, ie. Word, this idea is used.

Thanks again.

josé
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DFL All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: