FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

minwin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lindquist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: minwin Reply with quote

Hi, I'd like to become maintainer of MinWin. My reasoning for this is that Ben Hinkle is not around anymore at all. MinWin has no SVN rep and people are pushing zips around to work with it.

If I got maintainer status and a SVN rep was created I could put the source in there, and accept/apply patches from the community. It seems there is an interest in getting this up and going again and I can do this.

If someone else feels like they would be better suited for this position, then please speak up! I'm just proposing this to avoid minwin dying away slowly!

I probably wont be doing that much development on it, and atm only for the Win32 stuff. But just getting it in svn and having someone to apply patches will make a huge difference I think!
baxissimo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: multiple committers Reply with quote

It must be possible to have multiple folks with CVS commit permissions on a project at DSource.

In which case your being the one to start the DSource project doesn't necessarily mean you have to be the maintainer for all time, or that you have to be the sole one responsible.

Really for a cross-platform GUI it's best if there's at least one person on the dev team representing each platform supported. If you're mostly Windows then there should be another person for Linux and also a Mac person all with basically equal permissions.

I'm on Windows, too, incidentally.
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This project had an existing forum, to which I've moved this thread.

Also, there is now a SVN repos and Trac environment, and lindquist has full admin rights. Let me know if you have any questions.

BA
baxissimo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brad wrote:
This project had an existing forum, to which I've moved this thread.

Also, there is now a SVN repos and Trac environment, and lindquist has full admin rights. Let me know if you have any questions.

BA

Thanks Brad!
What exactly is the situation with SVN permissions on DSource projects? Under Admin there's a permissions section, but none of those permissions seemed to be related to svn commit permissions.

Is there a setting I missed?
Can we just ask you to add write permissions for more developers when needed?
lindquist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool Smile
I'll have a look at it tonight.

thanx brad.
baxissimo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lindquist wrote:
Very cool Smile
I'll have a look at it tonight.

thanx brad.

I went ahead and added the description from your site + a little extra explanation and some links. Smile

--bb
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> MinWin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: