FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[fixed] a minor bug, suggestion, and/or question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
z3b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: [fixed] a minor bug, suggestion, and/or question Reply with quote

Well first I am very happy and excited that rulesPlayer seems to be an active project again Smile We really need a good MPlayer GUI!

[EDIT] The logo has parts of it erased. I believe that is happening because is setting the last index of the color table for png's to transparent. If I convert it to a normal RGB 24bit png it all appears fine and is 1/3 the size.

My main suggestion would be to have a zipped binary for download in addition to the installer. I havent tested it yet, but it appears rulesPlayer would be a very popular portable app.

Is there a way to disable overlay with MPlayer? I tried a few commands into the console but I always get "UNKNOWN COMMAND". I wanted to take a screenshot of MPlayer during DVD play back. I also tried disabling windows hardware acceleration but that resulted in a weird checker effect on the video.

Thanks! Smile
bobef

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Type "mp_vo gl" in the console. This will set the output to OpenGL. The mp_vo command is kind of disabled so you will have to restart the movie (if already playing) manually. Then I believe you will be able to take screenshot, but the gl output is not working as it should and if you resize the window you will see garbage (start in fullscreen may help, haven't tried it).

About the logo... I don't know... The image is actually a bmp from mpui... I will make new logo soon.

I like the idea about the binary. I will do it. And you are right the player is perfectly portable.

Thank you for your interest.
z3b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I tested OpenGL and it works but not too well. At first the video was aligned to the bottom left of the frame, after restarting rulesplayer the video was centered properly. Full screen did not work properly either times, the image was not stretched to fit, and was off center and cut off. Also OpenGL mode is not surprisingly less efficient, so it completely taxed my cpu usage. Its not a big deal though, only useful for taking screenshots really.

BTW I found some possible logos in SVG format
http://www.eleves.ens.fr/home/george/info/prg/mplayer-svg/mplayer.svg
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/MPlayer
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> rulesPlayer All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: