FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tab key won't continue... (newbie)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jicman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: tab key won't continue... (newbie) Reply with quote

Greetings!

I have two questions regarding the Tab key:
1. How do I set the Tab Key to default (or starts) with an specific object, say Btn1?

2. I would like to be able to hit the tab key and navegate through all the options and buttons of the application. This works ok, but it stops at one specific object, say Btn3 and won't go any more. How can I get the tab key to circle around all of the objects? For example, if I have 4 buttons: Btn1, Btn2, Btn3 and Btn4; if I hit the Tab key and it is on Btn3, then, it should move to Btn4. If I move the Tab key again, it should move to Btn1, etc. So, that it circles around all of the object. Also, Back-Tab should work the same.

Thanks,

josé
Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, on my Forms the Tab Key works as is should.
Can you post a small example, where you can show the failure?
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: tab key won't continue... (newbie) Reply with quote

jicman wrote:
1. How do I set the Tab Key to default (or starts) with an specific object, say Btn1?
There are 2 ways to do this: focus the control manually in the form's load event; or it depends on the z-order, the control added first or the one highest in the z-order (frontmost) is focused first.

Quote:
2. I would like to be able to hit the tab key and navegate through all the options and buttons of the application. This works ok, but it stops at one specific object, say Btn3 and won't go any more. How can I get the tab key to circle around all of the objects? For example, if I have 4 buttons: Btn1, Btn2, Btn3 and Btn4; if I hit the Tab key and it is on Btn3, then, it should move to Btn4. If I move the Tab key again, it should move to Btn1, etc. So, that it circles around all of the object. Also, Back-Tab should work the same.
There is a known issue with this but it isn't very common; I hope to have it fixed for the next release. The known case involves a text box accepting return on a nested control. If your case is different, please let me know.
jicman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem IS with a text box, but it is NOT accepting return on a nested control, but instead, that text box has multiline set to true. I have seven text boxes and two of those do not move after hitting the tab key, while the others do work. All have acceptReturn and acceptTab set to false.
jicman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to follow up... After I disabled the multiline, meaning, that I set the option to false, the tabs now go all the way around. It does what I want. So, multiline also causes the problem.

thanks.

josé
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks; I think I got it fixed in the current snapshot! Let me know how it goes
jicman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried this latest snapshot, but it still didn't work. How do I know what version of dfl I have running? I tried dfl and dfl -v and no version is there. It would be nice that in here:
[code]11:29:03.95>dfl
DFL written by Christopher E. Miller
Usage:
dfl [<switches...>] <files...>

Switches:
-dmd Show DMD's usage.
-dfl-readme Open the DFL readme.txt file.
-dfl-doc Open the DFL documentation.
-dfl-tips Open the DFL tips.txt file.
-dfl-eg Explore the DFL examples directory.
-dfl-gui Make a Windows GUI exe without a console.
-dfl-con Make a console exe (default).
-dfl-exet=<x> Override executable type.
-dfl-su=<x1:x2> Override subsystem name and version.
-dfl-i Force install.
<other> Any other non-dfl switches are passed to DMD.
Files:
Files passed to DMD.
[/code]
there was a version or something. Like,
[code]DFL v0.9.2 (BETA)
Written by Christopher E. Miller
[/code]
Anyway, apparently with multiline it still does not work.

thanks,

josé
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jicman wrote:
I tried this latest snapshot, but it still didn't work. How do I know what version of dfl I have running?
packages\dfl\readme.txt has the release version number but not snapshot date. I'd just recommend deleting all of DFL and reinstalling if you're still unsure.
jicman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uninstalled dfl completely and reinstalled it with the latest snapshot (dfl-20061214.2.zip) and problem is still there. Here are the steps to replicate it:
1. Open a new form
2. Insert 4 TextBox
3. On one of them have multiline set to true.
4. Compile it
5. Run it
6. Hit the tab key and you'll see that the multiline textbox does not continue.
7. Click on another Textbox and hit the tab and you'll see that the navegation continues until it hits the one with the multiline.

I hope this helps.
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jicman wrote:
Here are the steps to replicate it:
I just went through these steps and I could tab through them all just fine and looping back around without it stopping..
jicman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let me reboot... I haven't done that in a while... If I still have the problem, I will pass you my program through email and see if you still see the problem.

thx
jicman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is fixed. It was not because of the reboot, but because I had two different dfl directories on my path and I kept replacing the second one and the first one was still intact. I am using bud, since I am using some of my libraries also, and I was making it work, instead of passing the path. Anyway, it's all fixed not.

Here is a suggestion: have dfl.exe act like bud (build). I hate when I have to type the path of all of my libraries being used on the dfl command, ie.

dfl -gui -I.. prog.d ..\jic\libs\MyStrings.d ..\jic\libs\MyPath.d ..\jic\libs\MyX.d

..etc. With bud, I just have to do this,

build -I..;c:\dmd\import -version=gui prog.d

Just a thought...

Thanks.

josé
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jicman wrote:
Here is a suggestion: have dfl.exe act like bud (build). I hate when I have to type the path of all of my libraries being used on the dfl command, ie.

dfl -gui -I.. prog.d ..\jic\libs\MyStrings.d ..\jic\libs\MyPath.d ..\jic\libs\MyX.d

..etc. With bud, I just have to do this,

build -I..;c:\dmd\import -version=gui prog.d
Well, I don't have interest in making dfl.exe be a fully-featured build tool. It's merely a simple shortcut to dmd. However, how about if I have it automatically expand wildcard paths? Your command could be:

dfl -gui -I.. prog.d ..\jic\libs\*.d
jicman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]
Well, I don't have interest in making dfl.exe be a fully-featured build tool. It's merely a simple shortcut to dmd. However, how about if I have it automatically expand wildcard paths? Your command could be:

dfl -gui -I.. prog.d ..\jic\libs\*.d
[/quote]

That would be wonderful.

Thanks.
jicman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the only problem here is that now, all the libraries or .d files in that directory are getting linked. So, instead of the three that I need, now all 12 of them are getting called. Hmmmm, never thought about that. So, instead of something like this,´
Code:

0:55:03.50>dfl -I.. -gui OpenJobs.d ..\jic\libs\MyDate.d ..\jic\libs\MyOSEnv.d ..\jic\libs\MyASCII.d sqlite_oo.d
Compiling in debug mode; use -release to compile in release mode
c:\dmd\bin\dmd.exe -I.. OpenJobs.d ..\jic\libs\MyDate.d ..\jic\libs\MyOSEnv.d ..
\jic\libs\MyASCII.d sqlite_oo.d -version=DFL_EXE -debug -Ic:\dmd\import -L/exet:nt/su:windows:4.0 c:\dmd\lib\DFL_DE~1.LIB c:\dmd\bin\..\..\dm\bin\link.exe OpenJobs+MyDate+MyOSEnv+MyASCII+sqlite_oo,,,c:\
dmd\lib\DFL_DE~1.LIB+user32+kernel32/noi/exet:nt/su:windows:4.0;

now I get something like this,
Code:

0:54:24.04>dfl -I.. -gui OpenJobs.d ..\jic\libs\*.d sqlite_oo.d
Compiling in debug mode; use -release to compile in release mode
c:\dmd\bin\dmd.exe -I.. OpenJobs.d ..\jic\libs\DAE.d ..\jic\libs\DAE_bn.d ..\jic
\libs\FPSDK.d ..\jic\libs\FPSDK_bn.d ..\jic\libs\HelloWorld.d ..\jic\libs\LogToo
l.d ..\jic\libs\LogTool_bn.d ..\jic\libs\MyArray.d ..\jic\libs\MyArray_bn.d ..\j
ic\libs\MyASCII.d ..\jic\libs\MyASCII_bn.d ..\jic\libs\MyConv.d ..\jic\libs\MyConv_bn.d ..\jic\libs\MyDate.d ..\jic\libs\MyDate_bn.d ..\jic\libs\MyFile.d ..\jic\libs\MyFile_bn.d ..\jic\libs\MyOSEnv.d ..\jic\libs\MyOSEnv_bn.d ..\jic\libs\MyString.d ..\jic\libs\MyString_bn.d ..\jic\libs\MyTime.d ..\jic\libs\MyTime_bn.d sqlite_oo.d -version=DFL_EXE -debug -Ic:\dmd\import -L/exet:nt/su:windows:4.0 c:\dmd\lib\DFL_DE~1.LIB

I guess that's not so good. Let me see if I come up with my own build tool that uses dfl.

josé
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DFL All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: