FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creating a basic client and server

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hohumsmaster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Creating a basic client and server Reply with quote

Hi

Having never created a complete server/client application before I'm wondering where to start. What I basicly want to do is have users login (password/username) to my windows XP server (by a windows XP application) and then send messages to one another across the internet. Is this possible with mango?

What do I need do set this up?
How do I create a server?
How do I create a client?

Is there a client + server example somewhere that does something like this (I looked though the examples an I couldn't find anything that looked like this)?

Is there a tutuoral on this somewhere?

Anyways, congrates on mango, it looks like an awsome libarary!

cheers,
-Joel
teqdruid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best examples to refer to are in the Mango code itself. Take a look at the HTTP client and server. You probably want to implement your stuff the same way.

Personally, I think that raw sockets are a pain. Personally, I use HTTP + XML. It's slower, but it makes my life easier. On the server end, you just use Mango servlets and the client uses the HTTP client. There's an XML-RPC library in Mango which does exactly this, but it is (sadly) in a state of disrepair waiting to be updated to use the new(ish) SAX parser framework.

Good luck!

~John
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Mango All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: