FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not catching dmd segmentation fault on linux.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
quartz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Not catching dmd segmentation fault on linux. Reply with quote

Hi Derek,

Bud dosen't seem to catch the Segmentation fault when dmd crashes on linux. To make a long story short, basically I am trying to work my way around another issue related to linking and unresolved references. I can link directory to .o files and all references are resolved, but linking against .a files causes unresolved ...ModuleInfo... references, among a host of others (see http://d.puremagic.com/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=758)

When I attempt to compile a basic derelict test app (see #758), bud generates a dmd call with so many parameters that it causes dmd to crash. I found this out when I would run the dmd command generated in verbose mode by bud. I think dmd can only accept so many characters on the command line. If I shortened directory names I could compile a simpler sample test app with just loading opengl and not sdl.

I would like to use the derelict .a files but I am not savy enough to fix that problem at this time (which I think is an ABI issue).

Needless to say, do you think I should hack bud to compile only one .d file at a time? This should fix my issue until the linker/library issue is fixed.

-Will (Quart).
Derek Parnell

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: Not catching dmd segmentation fault on linux. Reply with quote

quartz wrote:
I think dmd can only accept so many characters on the command line.

Have you tried the -R:Yes switch on Bud. This causes a 'response' file to be used rather than putting all the files onto the command line. DMD supports response files so it should help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Build All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: