FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Toolbar, Docking windows and Grid Control

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BLS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Toolbar, Docking windows and Grid Control Reply with quote

Hi,
just a few questions
1) Any plans to implement Toolbar, Gridcontrol and docking windows.

2) Where to start to create custom controls?

Bjoern Lietz-Spendig
btw: regarding dockable toolbars a nice plain C implementation :
http://www.catch22.net/tuts/

Have a look at Docking windows and Splitter windows
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: Toolbar, Docking windows and Grid Control Reply with quote

BLS wrote:
1) Any plans to implement Toolbar, Gridcontrol and docking windows.
ToolBar is planned (see ToDo), by Gridcontrol perhaps you mean ListView in details view, and it doesn't have docking windows that I think you mean (docking toolbars). DFL has a different meaning for docking; however, it has toolwindow forms that when having an owner form appear to be like the docking windows you seek, except for the titlebar activation, which you can manage yourself in wndProc and such.

Quote:
2) Where to start to create custom controls?
You can derive from Control or UserControl (or the others) and override many things such as onPaint and onMouseDown.

Things that may be of use to you:
* DFL documentation
* DFL wiki
* Entice Designer - GUI builder for DFL - makes it easy to discover and set properties.
* Entice tutorial - which includes using a ListView in details view.
BLS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,
no I mean docking windows support, Something similar to wxAUI (for wxWidgets) A thing every modern GUI should support.

Regarding the GridControl: What I have in my mind is nothing you can subclass from common controls, respective the list control?widget. A Grid control has to be generic. Why a grid control ? To enable developers to create something like graphical schedule?planning representation. (which requires row and column resising.

Bjoern
KlausO

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The D framework contains some Win32 GUI code which includes both, a custom grid control and a docking system.
See sourcecode at

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dframework/
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLS wrote:
no I mean docking windows support, Something similar to wxAUI (for wxWidgets) A thing every modern GUI should support.
I'm still not quite sure what you're referring to. To me, docking windows mean one or more edges of the window are bound to another window's. DFL does support this for child controls but not top-level windows/forms. For a form, it should be fairly simple to do using events.

Quote:
Regarding the GridControl: What I have in my mind is nothing you can subclass from common controls, respective the list control?widget. A Grid control has to be generic. Why a grid control ? To enable developers to create something like graphical schedule?planning representation. (which requires row and column resising.
OK, DFL doesn't have this. I think it could be accomplished with an owner-drawn ListBox (not so easy) or by adding several controls and splitters to a panel if you want each cell to be a control.

If you want to code any of this, I am here if you need any help.
BLS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Miller wrote:
I'm still not quite sure what you're referring to. To me, docking windows mean one or more edges of the window are bound to another window's. DFL does support this for child controls but not top-level windows/forms. For a form, it should be fairly simple to do using events.

A sample says more than 1000 words: A small download 1.4MB
http://www.kirix.com/community/wxaui/downloads.html

Chris Miller wrote:

OK, DFL doesn't have this. I think it could be accomplished with an owner-drawn ListBox (not so easy) or by adding several controls and splitters to a panel if you want each cell to be a control.

If you want to code any of this, I am here if you need any help.

I think the link Klaus O. offers is really worth to have a look on it! Maybe with a little++ help from your side I can modifie this grid-control implementation for DFL.
Bjoern.
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLS wrote:
A sample says more than 1000 words: A small download 1.4MB
http://www.kirix.com/community/wxaui/downloads.html
It's cool how it automatically switches between docking and floating. This I may have interest in supporting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DFL All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: