FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

duit pre-release for dmd 1.00
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: duit pre-release for dmd 1.00 Reply with quote

Duit is updated for dmd 1.00.
Both linux and windows versions are available.
You can find a duit zip or tar on the dowloads:
http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dui/downloads/

just a few notes:
- threads seem to work on linux (but not on windows)
- added a thread test to DuitTests on linux (but not on windows)
- still there is a problem with some images on windows
- openGL gtkglext is working on linux (but not on windows)
- cairo is wrapped but is probably not the final version

anybody cares to try it before I make an announcement on the D group?

there is also a new preview of leds for both linux and windows.

Ant
bobef

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should include precompiled compd tool if it is required for the compilation too.
Ant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobef wrote:
Maybe you should include precompiled compd tool if it is required for the compilation too.

Updated duit.zip to include compd.exe

Thank you, that's what I mean by pre-release...

Anybody tried the linux version?

Ant
dhasenan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you could include one for Linux (compd is evil; the install script contains absolute paths [starting from home directory, anyway {I have ~/prog/d, not ~/dmd/}] and the linker doesn't like it, but its output isn't exactly readable), I would thank you from the bottom of my shoes.
Ant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhasenan wrote:
If you could include one for Linux (compd is evil; the install script contains absolute paths [starting from home directory, anyway {I have ~/prog/d, not ~/dmd/}] and the linker doesn't like it, but its output isn't exactly readable), I would thank you from the bottom of my shoes.

Ok, seems that the pre-release is a complete failure.
let me see what I can do about it... dmd 1.0 deserves better!

Ant
okibi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all!

I managed to get the preview release working on both linux and windows xp. Does anyone need assistance?
dhasenan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okibi wrote:
Hello all!

I managed to get the preview release working on both linux and windows xp. Does anyone need assistance?

How did you get compd working?

For that matter, how did I?

I still can't link with anything, and I'm thinking that's probably my fault. I haven't been able to link against anything but Phobos so far.
Ant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhasenan wrote:
okibi wrote:
Hello all!

How did you get compd working?

For that matter, how did I?

I still can't link with anything, and I'm thinking that's probably my fault. I haven't been able to link against anything but Phobos so far.

I'm changing the installation process.

In the mean while:

to get it working you could create a symbolic link to your patch
"ln -s ~/prog/d/dmd ~/dmd" (not tested) or something like that.
after the lib and progs are compiled and tested just move them to here you want them and delete the symbolic link. (not tested also...)

the install process is very simple because is directed to developers not end users - that idea is wrong I realize it now - and because there is really no installation, to release your programs to final users you will have to send libduit.a / duit.lib.
That should change so we can install the development version and the user version. That would make it simpler to comply with the LGPL license if you don't want to LGPL your program.

the install process assumes:
- linux dmd home: ~/dmd
- windows dmd home \dmd
- dmd/bin and dmc/bin are on the execution patch
- dmd can find phobos

Ant
okibi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm building a D Coding website. My choice for a GUI library is DUIT as it's the best in my opinion. I have altered DMD and DUIT for easy install on windows and linux. You can follow my guides at ddev.ratedo.com if you'd like. I'll keep the info and files up to date.
Ant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okibi wrote:
I'm building a D Coding website. My choice for a GUI library is DUIT as it's the best in my opinion. I have altered DMD and DUIT for easy install on windows and linux. You can follow my guides at ddev.ratedo.com if you'd like. I'll keep the info and files up to date.

Nice.

Just one small thing, I silently re-uploaded leds linux preview 3.
Can you make sure you have the latest version?

Ant
okibi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I just noticed this morning that you went from Revision 220 to 222 on the linux preview of leds, which I have now updated.

I'll check for updates on everything listed on ddev daily. Also, I intend to improve the automated install scripts for everything, much like I did for DMD. Right now, I think a big problem potiental users are encountering is simply installing DMD, DUIT, etc. I'm writing simple scripts to run that will set everything up for you.

I'll be sure to keep you updated if I add a script to the duit archive on ddev.

UPDATE: I forgot to say I added an example code to the D Code section and also how to compile it for both Windows and Linux. I hope to make DDev easy to understand for everyone, so if something is confusing, please let me know. Once again, it's at ddev.ratedo.com
sylverpyro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Regarding compilation and Mac OS X Reply with quote

I have been bombing around the forums looking for some sort of answer for these questions:

1. Is DUIT compatible with OS X?
I have found plenty of reference for installation on Linux and Windows but nothing on OS X. I know the compd is compiled for Linux and that you mentioned that you were going to be changing how this is installed (I am using version 222 out of svn) which brings be to my next question:

2. Is there a way to use the Build utility to compile the DUI libraries?

I am trying to find a way to build cross platform software (for Linux, Windows, and OS X) and the DUIT library seems to be furthest along in development as far as D GUI libraries go, so I was hoping that it would work for OS X also.
Ant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Regarding compilation and Mac OS X Reply with quote

sylverpyro wrote:
I have been bombing around the forums looking for some sort of answer for these questions:

1. Is DUIT compatible with OS X?
I have found plenty of reference for installation on Linux and Windows but nothing on OS X. I know the compd is compiled for Linux and that you mentioned that you were going to be changing how this is installed (I am using version 222 out of svn) which brings be to my next question:

2. Is there a way to use the Build utility to compile the DUI libraries?

I am trying to find a way to build cross platform software (for Linux, Windows, and OS X) and the DUIT library seems to be furthest along in development as far as D GUI libraries go, so I was hoping that it would work for OS X also.

Duit is a wrapper for Gtk.
Seems that the port of Gtk to OS X is quite advanced - http://developer.imendio.com/projects/gtk-macosx
However I have no way to develop or test on OS X.
I do hope somebody will take the initiative to do that.
But that's going to depend on the popularity of Duit.

Build is suppose to be very simple to use and be able to build anything.
I did try it...
Soon we all be using dsss.
I also tried dsss...

I do believe that developing for proprietary platforms is not a good idea.
The platforms I would like to see Duit tested are in fact windows, linux and os x.

What I'm doing is to create a GUI installer.
If I'm proposing a GUI lib shouldn't I have a GUI installer created with that same lib.
It's the very least I can do.
If I don't do that how can I propose the lib?...
In the future that installer will just be, or also be, a GUI wrapper for dsss.

and... I don't think I can finish the installer today, and also testing it is not fun...

Ant
sylverpyro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Testing on OS X Reply with quote

Unfortunately I know nothing about the development side of this project (and probably do not have enough experience to attempt such) however, if you want anything tested out on an OS X platform, drop me a PM. A lot of projects are overlooking OS X and I would hate such a great OS to be left behind.
Ant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Testing on OS X Reply with quote

sylverpyro wrote:
Unfortunately I know nothing about the development side of this project (and probably do not have enough experience to attempt such) however, if you want anything tested out on an OS X platform, drop me a PM. A lot of projects are overlooking OS X and I would hate such a great OS to be left behind.

oh, don't worry, I was not looking at you.
That will eventually happen if enough people use Duit on the other platforms.
Thank you for your offer, if I knew anything about OS X development I would take it, but as it is there is no point on even trying it Sad

Ant
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> gtkD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: