FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some suggestions/feature requests

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Com7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Some suggestions/feature requests Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

At first: I really hope, that the development goes on now again.
I was very confused and sad about this thread: http://www.dsource.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3298
I think this player frontend has many potential!

My suggestions/feature requests:

1. Individual file type icons with the letters of the different file name extension names (*.avi, *.mpg, etc)
2. The possibility also to be able to register audio files with rulesPlayer
3. An option, that a saved playlist will be loaded directly at the next start of rulesPlayer
4. A way to register files individually
5. The video area should disappear, if an audio file plays back
6. An option to keep rulePlayer in the foreground
7. An option menu
8. The point "About" should be moved from "File" to another area like "?" or "Help"
9. Hotkeys should be implemented and also displayed behind the option captions (maybe a way to change and define hotkey would be great)
10. A link to your hompage in the "About" window
11. The used MPlayer version should be displayed in the "About" window
12. Support for more languages (at least for the more importat ones: Frensh, German, Spain,...)
13. An option to check for a newer version of rulesPlayer and MPlayer (maybe also the possibility to downlad and install the newer version automatically after the check)
14. The escape key should move the display mode from fullscreen into the normal mode back again.
15. The mouse shouldn't disappear in the title bar and the bottom control area, if the compact mode is activated.
16. The about and the clip information window should be a little bit nicer (about window with the rulesPlayer logo and the clip information window shouldn't be a message window)
bobef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: Some suggestions/feature requests Reply with quote

Hi, sorry I cant give you more complete answer but here are few starting points. And thanks for the suggestions.

Com7 wrote:
Hello everyone,

At first: I really hope, that the development goes on now again.
I was very confused and sad about this thread: http://www.dsource.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3298
I think this player frontend has many potential!

The project is not dead, but I am still out of time for it Smile
Quote:

My suggestions/feature requests:

1. Individual file type icons with the letters of the different file name extension names (*.avi, *.mpg, etc)
2. The possibility also to be able to register audio files with rulesPlayer

You can register any extension you like with rulesPlayer. Open the console and type help registerext
Quote:

3. An option, that a saved playlist will be loaded directly at the next start of rulesPlayer

This is not really supported but there is kind of workaround. You can use the events to make any file load on startup. See the readme for more info.
Quote:

4. A way to register files individually

See point 2.
Quote:

5. The video area should disappear, if an audio file plays back
6. An option to keep rulePlayer in the foreground

I guess you mean "always on top" feature. There is. Look in the window menu.
Quote:

7. An option menu

What is that?
Quote:

8. The point "About" should be moved from "File" to another area like "?" or "Help"
9. Hotkeys should be implemented and also displayed behind the option captions (maybe a way to change and define hotkey would be great)

You can change the hotkeys (and mouse buttons). Type help bind in the console. I think there is some help in the readme too. Also, take a look at the CHM file.
Quote:

10. A link to your hompage in the "About" window
11. The used MPlayer version should be displayed in the "About" window
12. Support for more languages (at least for the more importat ones: Frensh, German, Spain,...)

Well I don't know all these languages, but all translations are user contributions. So anyone could make translations...
Quote:

13. An option to check for a newer version of rulesPlayer and MPlayer (maybe also the possibility to downlad and install the newer version automatically after the check)

Yep, this is planned.
Quote:

14. The escape key should move the display mode from fullscreen into the normal mode back again.

You could bind the escape key to do that.
Quote:

15. The mouse shouldn't disappear in the title bar and the bottom control area, if the compact mode is activated.

It doesn't. If it disappears on your machine it must be a bug.
Quote:

16. The about and the clip information window should be a little bit nicer (about window with the rulesPlayer logo and the clip information window shouldn't be a message window)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> rulesPlayer All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: