FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About subtitles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tod

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject: About subtitles Reply with quote

Hi, first let me say a big Thanks for rulesPlayer is amazing, i used in the past VLC, GOM Player, KMPlayer, Media Player Classic , MPUI and non of them are so good as rulesPlayer. Now i have a question about subtitles and a problem:

- Which encoding code should i use for Romanian subtitles ? I tried ISO-8859-15 but some letters are not displayed correctly...

- Why when installing rulesPlayer it creates two shortcuts on the start menu ? is this a normal behavior or a installer bug ?

bobef

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your interest. I am glad you like the player.

About the start menu - no it ain't a bug. Do you find it annoying? Maybe I should make it optional? The explanation is this. Some programs are rarely started from their start menu shortcut. For me rp is such program, but it is always annoying for me to go to start/programs/subfolder/program. start/programs/program is faster, but it is good to have shortcuts for the readme and uninstall too, so we have two shortcuts... And by the way, is the faq shortcut working for you, because I notice it has no icon? Maybe this is some problem with the installer. I never use it (the installer) and I haven't tested it enough...

About the encoding - I don't know. I couldn't find a list of the supported encodings by MPlayer so I found this list somewhere else and copied it here, but it is not tested at all... My encoding it is cp1251 and MPlayer works with both cp1251 and windows-1251. If you know what encoding you usually use, see the FAQ how to change it manually trough the console. Please let me know if you make it work, so I could change the menu entry. Also, by default rp uses arial.ttf font. If your version of arial don't have this encoding it could be the source of your problem. Let me know if you need help how to change the font.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> rulesPlayer All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: