FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting Feature Requests

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoeCoder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Accepting Feature Requests Reply with quote

For anyone who has been looking into Yage: What features would you like to see, and what should be higher priority? I have everything outlined as I plan to do it on the roadmap, but I'm not the one who will be using it for serious projects (at least not yet).

I may end up reorganizing some of the items to enable more functionality sooner (like swapping the advanced rendering features of v0.4 with the physics support of v0.9). But I would still like to implement GUI functions soon, since few decent games can be made without such functionality.

Multitexturing, translucent polygon sorting, and fixing the build script on Linux are currently being worked on--and what's left to finish up with v0.2
PsychoBrat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of bringing physics support in earlier. From my own (rather shallow) exploration some time ago, I remember being most enthused about ODE for its clean features and BSD license, but to be honest I haven't looked at any of them in a long time.

Do you know which are still under active development?
JoeCoder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated the roadmap and moved physics support and a few other things closer, at the expense of putting off more advanced shiny until later.

Ode's sourceforge page shows it was last updated in September, but I haven't tracked the development of it or any of the others recently. Derelict may be getting ODE support soon also. I'll evaluate the features and licenses of several physics engines when I get to that part of the roadmap and before I decide which to use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Yage All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: