FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Provide QT for D lenguague

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tavo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Provide QT for D lenguague Reply with quote

Hello! I am Lucas and i program in Visual Basic, Visual Basic.NET, C#, C and C++. I have been loking some documentation about D code and study it seeing its potential. Well, i would like to search how to provide QT for D lenguague.
I know that de MOC (Meta Object Compiler), would have to be modified for D (I think that it will be easy since C++ and D sintax is very similar). Apart from that we would have yo work with de qmake. The qmake makes the makefile for pasing the compiler to compile the QT proyect. This is the most dificult thing. We will have to change this to the D lenguague. When we finish these we can dream of compiling D source code with QT.

Oh! A little thing is the header declarations of QT. We will have to study them (I think that there is a tool for pasing headers to D lenguague, but i don`t know how D manage librararys under windows or linux).
dan.lewis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tavo,

While I agree it would probably be good to port QT over to D, I personally think that QT/KDE is hugely bloated, and would take forever to port. Not only that, but there's already a company that owns the source to QT, and regularly updates it and such. If you want to port it, the best people to talk to is probably them.

A smaller, more practical port for sweet graphics on Linux would be to port DirectFB over, and then talk to the people working on OpenGL bindings to get DirectFBGL; preferably without any X dependencies.

That would get you a sexy, fast, OpenGL and windowing environment on the Linux framebuffer, bypassing all the bloat.

Just my two pennies.
Tavo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm, i think that is more importar a potential GUI, and that utilities like OpenGL, etc...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Potential Projects All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: