FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Planned Outage, Friday, March 2, 2007

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Planned Outage, Friday, March 2, 2007 Reply with quote

Friday, March 2, 2007

* The site will be down most of the day, starting at 9am EST (GMT -5)

* Duration is unknown, but I would expect 8 hours. Hopefully it will be shorter.

* We are transferring to slicehost.com hosting, so the result should be stupid-fast everything and tons of bandwidth. Also, the db locking problem has been back recently, and I hope this move takes care of whatever software package on the current server is causing it.

* Unfortunately, this process is bound by the upstream bandwidth from the current server to the slice.

* To prevent write activities while doing the transfer (wiki, svn, forumss, tickets, etc.), the entire site needs to be down. I am going to attempt some configuration things, so the site possibly will be up read-only, but if that doesn't work, the entire thing will be inaccessible.

* I will be on Freenode IRC in #d as '''boorad''' for the ''occasional'' status check.

* I apologize if this message sounds like I'm treating you all as crack-addict fiends who can't bear to be without for any period of time.

BA
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: