FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Solution to the Error: 4invalid UTF-8 sequence issue?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcarrascal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Solution to the Error: 4invalid UTF-8 sequence issue? Reply with quote

Hi.

I there a solution planned to the "Error: 4invalid UTF-8 sequence" issue described below when usernames have accented characters?

For the time been I'm using set HOMEPATH=C:\ but it's to much trouble to type that each time I open a console window.

Thanks.
Derek Parnell

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Solution to the Error: 4invalid UTF-8 sequence issue? Reply with quote

jcarrascal wrote:
Hi.

I there a solution planned to the "Error: 4invalid UTF-8 sequence" issue described below when usernames have accented characters?

Yes. It is a bit of a pain to do, I have to write replacement file read/write functions that use ubyte[] instead of char[] as arguments. In other words, the current Phobos code is unable to support accented characters in file names.
jcarrascal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Solution to the Error: 4invalid UTF-8 sequence issue? Reply with quote

Derek Parnell wrote:

Yes. It is a bit of a pain to do, I have to write replacement file read/write functions that use ubyte[] instead of char[] as arguments. In other words, the current Phobos code is unable to support accented characters in file names.

I understand. Maybe it's time to change to Tango? Je je

Waiting nervously for version 2.0.
Derek Parnell

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Solution to the Error: 4invalid UTF-8 sequence issue? Reply with quote

jcarrascal wrote:
Derek Parnell wrote:

I understand. Maybe it's time to change to Tango? Je je

I don't think that Tango can handle non-ASCII byte-characters in paths either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Build All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: